Subject: Mining Guild rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hector R
United States
pomona
California
flag msg tools
I would appreciate it if you guys could clear up a question about the mining guild's power.

It states that every time you gain a steel/titanium resource by covering up the resource on the map your steel production rate increases. My question is would the rate increase by 2 if you cover up a tile space that gives you 2 steel?

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you only get 1 step of steel production, regardless of f you get 1 or 2 steel or 1 or 2 titanium as placement bonus. To get more out of the Mining Guild, you need to place more tiles on such areas.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
Jacob, can you give an example of how one would "place more tiles on such areas" to get more out of the Mining Guild?

Also, regarding the two "building tags" on the upper right of the Mining Guild card. Why two? Is two better than one? I am about to embark on my first solo play, and maybe I just haven't seen this yet ' in action.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckm1961 wrote:
Jacob, can you give an example of how one would "place more tiles on such areas" to get more out of the Mining Guild?

Also, regarding the two "building tags" on the upper right of the Mining Guild card. Why two? Is two better than one? I am about to embark on my first solo play, and maybe I just haven't seen this yet ' in action.'

You could place ocean tiles on the two areas containing 2 steel and 2 titanium respectively as ålacement bonuses. There are in total 10 areas on the board with steel or titanium bonuses, and Mining Guild gets its effect when you place a tile (city / greenery / ocean / special) on one of them.
The two Building tags are first and foremost thematic; the Mining Guild has a lot of infrastructure/mining on Mars already when the game begins. More, it helps them to get the Builder Milestone, and it makes Medical Lab better for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Imo.
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another question: it says I start with 1 steel production? I thought I had that anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
benj wrote:
it says I start with 1 steel production? I thought I had that anyway?

You only "have that anyway" if you play the standard game (without the Corporate Era cards), and then this +1 on all production is a bonus in addition to what your corporation gives you. (The rules are a bit convoluted there as they throw together how you set up a new game with the specific rules of a standard game.)

So in a standard game, Mining Guild will start with a steel production of 2, and 1 for everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.