Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Dark Stone chests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike X
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
1) Can you put Dark Stone items/upgrades into chests, or just Dark Stone itself?

2) There are two travel hazards that steal items from players: one is a swarm of HellBats that target Dark Stone (and DS items), and the other is a raging river that sweeps away weighted items. If items are in a Dark Stone chest, can they still be lost?

I ruled that, thematically, they can be taken simply because the chest could break open in the struggle. And that since the purpose of the chest is solely to protect the player from corruption, it's not an anti-theft device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie Lyons
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cirative wrote:
1) Can you put Dark Stone items/upgrades into chests, or just Dark Stone itself?

2) There are two travel hazards that steal items from players: one is a swarm of HellBats that target Dark Stone (and DS items), and the other is a raging river that sweeps away weighted items. If items are in a Dark Stone chest, can they still be lost?

I ruled that, thematically, they can be taken simply because the chest could break open in the struggle. And that since the purpose of the chest is solely to protect the player from corruption, it's not an anti-theft device.

1) I would say that the Tomb Chest can only hold raw Dark Stone. There's an item you buy at the Street Market called an Ornate Case that can hold and negate the corrupting properties of one Item. I think that's what you need to hold specific items. As for a reason...balance? Maybe a fragile item would get damaged being banged around in a Tomb Chest?

2) For this, we just say that the Tomb Chest is at risk of being stolen and/or washed away, along with everything inside. The Tomb Chest is pretty powerful, especially in the early game, and this is a flavorful way to make it a little riskier. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I guess that for items in an Ornate Case, the case goes if the item goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boiko Boichev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
While a DS shard is in the chest, it is concidered "hidden" so enemises and events can't "detect" and target that DarkStone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, darkstone in the tomb chest is hidden from the monsters, they dont react to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tomb chest only hold darkstone shards, not items with darkstone icons. There is an item (an ornate case, I think) in the Frontier Town expansion that can hold one item that has a darkstone symbol on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.