Subject: House Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
What House Rules are people using? I have 2.

1) Always play with the full identity deck and use the entire deck when assigning secret identities to the human players. This makes it possible that all players start as parasites. But more importantly this makes it harder for players to count cards, which is super annoying and super easy to do when playing by the official rules.

2) When playing a Jerry, you can not give the extra card to yourself. Jerry is not supposed to know what's going on and it doesn't seem right that he can help himself. It was really annoying when we played by the official rule (players can give the extra card to themselves) and everyone pretty much agreed that it would be better if it was not allowed.

I'm open to weighing the pros and cons of these rules. But I also want to know if anyone else is playing by any other house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let you know once I've got my copy and work through the options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
jthysell wrote:

1) Always play with the full identity deck and use the entire deck when assigning secret identities to the human players. This makes it possible that all players start as parasites. But more importantly this makes it harder for players to count cards, which is super annoying and super easy to do when playing by the official rules.

We've been playing with this rule for a few months now and haven't had any problems. However, we did realize that the reason this is not the official rule is that the parasites could in theory just agree at the beginning of the game to go to the dinner table if they have a majority.

However, this has never happened, not even once. Why? Suggesting to do this is risky because you are outing yourself as a parasite. If there isn't a Parasite majority then you will get shot. Keep in mind, this could happen at any point during the game. Maybe another possibility is that my group is selfish and competitive; everyone wants to win by themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jthysell wrote:
What House Rules are people using?

1) [...] makes it harder for players to count cards

Next game I'm gonna suggest identity cards do not get revealed after shooting.

Makes parasites more dangerous as well as prevent counting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.