Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Soccer City
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Hello friends!

We are very happy to announce we are ready to launch our next Soccer City project:

The Soccer City Playing Cards & Poker Deck and the New Tactical Expansion, including new Tactics and new Attacking and Defensive Actions!

Our intention is launching a new Kickstarter campaign to get the funds enough to produce them.

We have made the first samples, which you can see below.

We are publishing this post in order to tease you a little, but more important for us, it is knowing your thoughts and suggestions. Below, you can see the new Action Cards.

Please note that definite translations are still in the kitchen. Our main concern about that is the proper names of each action. If you think that they are not correct or you thought a better one, we will be happy to hear about it.

We are planning to launch the new campaign before the end of this year, so all this time we want to use it to warm up and have feedback from you.

Once again, you are an essential piece of the Soccer City project. We are very proud to count on you.

All the best,

Lisandro and Gonzalo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news! Can't wait! Will the poker cards and expansion be packaged together for the Kickstarter or will they be separate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear there is an expansion for this wonderful game! You've asked for ideas, so here are some of mine with regard to expansions for Soccer City:

I would *love* to see decks of cards for representing modern day players and coaches in the game, with names slightly altered so you can't be sued but likenesses clearly showing who they are again with just a few changes if needed. Coach abilities would enhance a particular aspect of the game for that team (or better, give a choice of several), and players would function just like the Legends expansion.

The game feels quite slow for a soccer simulation, so I would also love to see a larger board that allows for 11 v. 11 play -- the only changes needed are for advancing, player movement (from advances, tactics, and repositioning) and passes to all be at higher numbers, so that players move more than a single space typically. A feeling of true 11 v. 11 soccer, with more speed and options for movement, would make this game go from great to legendary, for me.

Thank you for considering these ideas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soccer City
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
a_flying_possum wrote:
Great to hear there is an expansion for this wonderful game! You've asked for ideas, so here are some of mine with regard to expansions for Soccer City:

I would *love* to see decks of cards for representing modern day players and coaches in the game, with names slightly altered so you can't be sued but likenesses clearly showing who they are again with just a few changes if needed. Coach abilities would enhance a particular aspect of the game for that team (or better, give a choice of several), and players would function just like the Legends expansion.

Nice tip! Actually we are thinking in another expansion regarding set-pieces and strategy plays. So, for the moment this idea is just in very early stages.

a_flying_possum wrote:
The game feels quite slow for a soccer simulation, so I would also love to see a larger board that allows for 11 v. 11 play -- the only changes needed are for advancing, player movement (from advances, tactics, and repositioning) and passes to all be at higher numbers, so that players move more than a single space typically. A feeling of true 11 v. 11 soccer, with more speed and options for movement, would make this game go from great to legendary, for me.

This idea, 11 vs 11, is also in our mind. Maybe a bigger board with more hexes and some of the rules you have proposed is a nice starting point. Thank you George !

Gregg, the KS campaign will have several rewards with one or two decks of cards as well as the decks with the new expansion and some other addons

Thank you all for the support !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin

London
London
msg tools
Translation suggestion: "clear up" would be "finger-tipped" (keeper gets just enough on the ball to tip it on to the post).

Also "folha seca" translates as "clean sheet" in English football phraseeology. A clean sheet means no goals scored against you, so I am not sure this would work as a striking suggestion.

An alternative could be "first time" which means shooting without controlling the ball first.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Malia
msg tools
Also I'd go with diving header rather than front header

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soccer City
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you very much for the corrections.
About Folha seca is a brazilian term for the way of kicking the ball, invited by Didí, a brazilian player of the 50's.

We will correct the rest as suggested. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soccer City
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Noted!
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.