Subject: Big Open Board Gaming Day 10 Sept In Edinburgh rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks

Edinburgh Board and Video Gamers are holding another big open board gaming day this Saturday (10th Sept):

10:30am - 4pm at the Grassmarket Community Centre (86 Candlemaker Row, EH1 2QA - Basically at the little roundabout in the grassmarket),

4:30pm - Close at the Kilderkin pub (Browns Close, 65 Canongate - Basically at the bottom of royal mile)

please sign up here if your interesting in joining us.
http://www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Gamers/

Theres two separate sign ups on the site as it essentially helps us know how many rooms/tables to book. Feel free to join for either or both depending on when your free.

For those unfamiliar with these events, for the afternoon we book a large community centre hall for the morning/afternoon. This also has a number of smaller rooms we can use if we fill up. We then decamp off to the kilderkin pub for a spot of pub gaming.

It’s a socially focussed event and there are typically a good number of lighter gaming to allow new people to try the hobby out but many experienced gamers will also bring and play the chunkier stuff. Great place to meet new folk, try out new games or indeed cut your teeth in a new hobby!

Were reliant on people to bring games if they can but ofc if you don’t have a collection or cant bring stuff for whatever reason, many people will let you use theirs (please take care with them ofc!).

Finally the café and pub let us use their facilities free of charge. So I encourage you to buy your food and drink from them to make sure were welcomed back again. We`ll also have our own donations tin out with a suggested donation of £1 that goes towards meetup site fees and occasional minor stationary costs – its entirely voluntary, no pressure or expectation at all from us but it is all very much appreciated can promise you!

Hope to see you there!

(edits: title correction and minor grammar/spelling changes only)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Large Open Board Gaming Day 10 Sept!
ps. Sorry for the last min posting here. Ive only just discovered the thread from a friend. I`ll try to be earlier next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gemma R
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking of coming through from Glasgow but I'm a wheelchair user. Can you confirm if the venue's are wheelchair accessible please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sleepygemmar wrote:
Thinking of coming through from Glasgow but I'm a wheelchair user. Can you confirm if the venue's are wheelchair accessible please?

Both venues are ground floor. I don't recall any steps but I could be wrong - I would be very surprised if they didnt have a ramp if there was a step though. Let me double check though just incase and get back to you if that's ok.

Edit: sorry, wasn't that clear there. I mean the one I'm unsure about is the kilderkin pub. The Grassmarket Community Project is definitely accessible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suddenly realised I could just ring them. Happy to confirm both venues are accessible. Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you have a great day. Sorry but I can't make it.

Will try and get to the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ska_dad wrote:
Hope you have a great day. Sorry but I can't make it.

Will try and get to the next one.

Thanks Michael. Maybe next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wright
Scotland
St Monans
Fife, Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately only just heard about this...

Is there a Facebook Group or anything (other than Meetup) that I can join to hear about these in future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the meet up page will have all of our regular events on it. we have a face book page on which (among many other things) we tend to post a reminder for each bigger event.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EdinburghBoardGamers/

I`ll try to remember to cross post here tho.

Obv your welcome to join any of these
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.