15 Posts

Normandy '44» Forums » General

Subject: Game Length 7 turn Campaign / Board game size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurens van Boekhout
msg tools
Hi Guys,

After Playing this game a couple of times on Vassal I am willing to purchase the box version of Normandy '44.

However my friends and I will find it hard to play the full campaign, just because it is very time consuming.

Does any one here know what the average game length is of the 7 turn scenario with 3 friends?

My second question is about the board size. Is there a way to print the map myself on a bigger board? Is there a link to a printable version? Or can I simply order a bigger size on the internet?

Thanks in advance!

Gr,

laurens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Larose
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is still a day long affair or, if you guys are experienced and quick, a 4-5 hours session.

Anyway passed the first week the game becomes a slow grinder, as it should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laurens,

You may want to ask on the N'44 consimworld page about the map. I think someone may have already done that (enlarged the map)...but I may be confusing it with another game.

-K
co-developer N'44

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United Kingdom
Ealing
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have successfully played the seven-turn scenario in a (long) day session. It might go faster with multiple players per side, if I read your description correctly.

As for the enlarged map, I do recall that http://bigboardgames.net/shop/normandy-44/ sells a complete game including an enlarged map. I have never done business with them, so I cannot endorse them, but there it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurens van Boekhout
msg tools
Thanks mate! I will be indeed playing this with 3 or 4 players and was actually hoping to finish it in ±3 hours. I want to let the Brits and americans play simultaneously. Not wait for one player to be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurens van Boekhout
msg tools
Thanks! I will check it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurens van Boekhout
msg tools
Ow thats still quite long, was hoping to finish it in 3 hours hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
The smallest scenario that involves Utah beach and cutting the peninsula can be played in a few hours. Not as exciting as the entire landing, but it's still an interesting game that can be played with a limited amount of time. It might be a bit boring for the Germans because they don't get their big formations that appear around Caen to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lundin
Sweden
Lund
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 hours is a bit optimistic I'd say. My mate made a pdf of the Vassal-file and printed a larger map in a print shop. Fantastic result!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier Bocquet
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of support did he print it on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be me who made the enlarged map. I took the map file from Vassal (slightly too low resolution but it worked) and printed it on semi matte paper at a print shop. It must be transported and stored as a roll but lays surprisingly flat when on a table, at least after a while.

Images at CSW: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd33741/3408
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurens van Boekhout
msg tools
Sound awesome. I was willing to print this map:

[geekurl=http://i0.wp.com/www.insidegmt.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/N44Map-2015-FIN...]Board print[/geekurl]

I think the quality and size is perfect to print it on a big board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ekberg
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't get that link to work.

About what you wrote earlier: "I want to let the Brits and americans play simultaneously. Not wait for one player to be done."

The two Allied sides can play at the same time, there is nothing in the rules about Brits or Americans having their own turn, if that is what you meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurens van Boekhout
msg tools
Link should work now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurens van Boekhout
msg tools
Engelbrekt wrote:
That would be me who made the enlarged map. I took the map file from Vassal (slightly too low resolution but it worked) and printed it on semi matte paper at a print shop. It must be transported and stored as a roll but lays surprisingly flat when on a table, at least after a while.

Images at CSW: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd33741/3408

That map looks freaking awesome!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.