Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The moment we've all been waiting for has arrived!!

Visit the Kickstarter and pledge for a copy of Tiny Epic Galaxies Beyond the Black!

http://kck.st/2c7lmWC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded in 14 mintutes!

If we had advance notice of the exact launch time it should be possible to get it funded in the first minute. Next time.

I thought I backed it pretty quickly, but over 3000 people got there before me. Looking forward to this expansion already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be more details on exactly what the Drones part of the deluxe edition adds? As in how it works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a second, this expansion costs as much as the 'deluxe' edition of the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
Wait a second, this expansion costs as much as the 'deluxe' edition of the base game?

The deluxe version of the expansion costs as much as the deluxe version of the base game. You can purchase a base version of the expansion by using the pledgemanager (the $1 pledge level), which is $18 plus shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
AndySzy wrote:

The deluxe version of the expansion costs as much as the deluxe version of the base game. You can purchase a base version of the expansion by using the pledgemanager (the $1 pledge level), which is $18 plus shipping.

Feels a bit unseemly to make the only pledge level the Deluxe level and only mention that you can get the game cheaper as the base in one image under the "pledge manager" section. I would never have even known that was an option until you mentioned it in this post.

But whatever, it's still way too expensive for an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:

I don't think it's fair to make a blanket statement like that. Some people have complained about Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm because it costs 70% as much as the base game but adds only 23 new cards (along with goals & the solo robot). Yet it's the highest-rated official RftG release because people found that the additions really enhanced the game, despite the paucity of physical content. That could be the same case here.

That said, RftG is an exception (in a lot of ways!). In fact, if I were considering purchasing the TEG expansion, I would prefer to wait for reviews before determining whether the expansion content really seems to have a similar value as the base game. I just wouldn't say it's necessarily not a similar value, sight unseen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
AndySzy wrote:

It adds just as much content as the original base game, so why shouldn't it be around the same price? You make no sense ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys should have some sort of a space mat for one of the stretch goals. Large enough for 5 players. It would be cool. But then again, probably wouldn't fit in the box. cry

Great game! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cro1 wrote:
You guys should have some sort of a space mat for one of the stretch goals. Large enough for 5 players. It would be cool. But then again, probably wouldn't fit in the box. cry

Great game! Thank you!

There is a playmat available for the base game (that doesn't fit in the box) and talk of a new playmat as part of the pledge manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
Cro1 wrote:
You guys should have some sort of a space mat for one of the stretch goals. Large enough for 5 players. It would be cool. But then again, probably wouldn't fit in the box. :cry:

Great game! Thank you!

There is a playmat available for the base game (that doesn't fit in the box) and talk of a new playmat as part of the pledge manager.

Oh nice. Cool. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
AndySzy wrote:

I am a huge fan of most things Tiny Epic - but it seems an odd choice not to have the base version as an already defined level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:
AndySzy wrote:

I am a huge fan of most things Tiny Epic - but it seems an odd choice not to have the base version as an already defined level.

There is a level with the basegame and you can add copies in pledgemanager.

If you just want the basegame, pledge the minimum and add just that in pledgemanager, but that seems unnecessary as this was a previous Kickstarter and it's already on sale separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
Nikoms wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:
AndySzy wrote:

If you just want the basegame, pledge the minimum and add just that in pledgemanager, but that seems unnecessary as this was a previous Kickstarter and it's already on sale separately.

I think you misunderstand (and that's part of my issue with the confusing aspect of this Kickstarter pledge level issue) - we are not talking about the original game - we're talking about the expansion.

According to Scott Almes' post above, there is a base version of the expansion (as well as the Deluxe version). But the base version of the expansion is not listed on the side as a pledge level nor is it a "selectable" option when you click "Support This Project." You have to enter it all manually - which is not the way most Kickstarters work. Hence the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
nickbolton wrote:
Nikoms wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:
AndySzy wrote:

I think you misunderstand (and that's part of my issue with the confusing aspect of this Kickstarter pledge level issue) - we are not talking about the original game - we're talking about the expansion.

According to Scott Almes' post above, there is a base version of the expansion (as well as the Deluxe version). But the base version of the expansion is not listed on the side as a pledge level nor is it a "selectable" option when you click "Support This Project." You have to enter it all manually - which is not the way most Kickstarters work. Hence the confusion.

Why would you want a version of the expansion with less stuff in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.