Popular Tags: [View All]
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I just created a membership mat, that can be placed to the left of the character sheet. It replaces cards for blessing/curse, memberships (Silver Twilight Lodge and the like), and retainers, bank loans and rail passes. If you should get such a card, instead place a token on the relevant field (with blessing / curse on the right part of the field).

I uploaded it in the files section, and should appear there once the invisible powers that rule this site have agreed that they don't contain soul-corrupting or subversive material, I guess that they will be available for everyone. Until that time, here's a picture:

The black part goes under the character sheet, so that the coloured fields stay visible.

Not as elaborate as some player mats, this mat is meant to combat table clutter in a different way. Instead of creating a space for certain cards, this mat dispenses with the need for them. Since most player mats are placed to the right of the character sheet, this mat, which is place to the left of that sheet, can be used in conjunction with it - possibly freeing some space on the player mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While Silver Twilight Lodge membership, and Rail Pass are pretty straightforward, I wouldn't want to, for example, remember the die results chart from Sheldon Gang membership. This game already has a lot of tidbits to remember about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
I just created a membership mat, that can be placed to the left of the character sheet. It replaces cards for blessing/curse, memberships (Silver Twilight Lodge and the like), and retainers, bank loans and rail passes. If you should get such a card, instead place a token on the relevant field (with blessing / curse on the right part of the field).

I uploaded it in the files section, and should appear there once the invisible powers that rule this site have agreed that they don't contain soul-corrupting or subversive material, I guess that they will be available for everyone. Until that time, here's a picture:

The black part goes under the character sheet, so that the coloured fields stay visible.

Not as elaborate as some player mats, this mat is meant to combat table clutter in a different way. Instead of creating a space for certain cards, this mat dispenses with the need for them. Since most player mats are placed to the right of the character sheet, this mat, which is place to the left of that sheet, can be used in conjunction with it - possibly freeing some space on the player mat.
Thanks for contributing! Personally I wouldn't use them - I'd be scared of knocking more tokens and then not remembering my memberships. The cards are the most straightforward solution IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a cool addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
While Silver Twilight Lodge membership, and Rail Pass are pretty straightforward, I wouldn't want to, for example, remember the die results chart from Sheldon Gang membership. This game already has a lot of tidbits to remember about.

You're right. I'll see if I can add some text in a second version.

Edit: Not if, but how.
It's been too long since I played AH, but when I did, I always wanted to reduce the amount of cards and all lying about. I've thought about this membership mat for a long time, but now that I found the time to make it, I've forgotten about all the information written on the cards themselves. So a second version is certainly in order. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.