Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, just checking my understanding here, are the following statements all true?

1) If a squad is carrying a SW, the squad and SW can do defensive fire in the movement phase independently. [e.g. a squad is carrying an ATR, the squad could First Fire at an enemy squad, then the ATR could first fire at a tank and retain ROF, then the squad could Subsequent First Fire at another target, then finally the ATR could first fire at another tank (losing ROF).]

2) Among SWs, only MGs may use SFF/FPF. Any other SW is done firing during the movement phase once it loses ROF (if it has any).

3) There is a special exception to 1) above for the case of an MG that hasn't fired (or has fired and retained ROF) and a squad that has first fired. If the squad fires SFF, the MG *must* be marked as Final Fired, whether it participates in the attack or not. If it does participate, it uses area fire and suffers additional breakdown risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
1) If a squad is carrying a SW, the squad and SW can do defensive fire in the movement phase independently. [e.g. a squad is carrying an ATR, the squad could First Fire at an enemy squad, then the ATR could first fire at a tank and retain ROF, then the squad could Subsequent First Fire at another target, then finally the ATR could first fire at another tank (losing ROF).]

I'm not sure what the SK rules specifically say about this, but in full ASL terms, no; once the squad uses SFF, it and all SW in its possession are marked with Final Fire. Not too many ATRs have ROF, incidentally, and I didn't think any came with SK, but your point is otherwise sound. Also note that if the squad cowers on its First Fire attack, it (and all SW in its possession) are immediately marked with Final Fire.

Quote:
2) Among SWs, only MGs may use SFF/FPF. Any other SW is done firing during the movement phase once it loses ROF (if it has any).

Right.

Quote:
3) There is a special exception to 1) above for the case of an MG that hasn't fired (or has fired and retained ROF) and a squad that has first fired. If the squad fires SFF, the MG *must* be marked as Final Fired, whether it participates in the attack or not. If it does participate, it uses area fire and suffers additional breakdown risk.

Right, which is the same point that I make above. Just replace "an MG" with "any SW" and you've got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Bruce. Something in the SK rules led me to believe that MGs were special in this regard. I'll recheck them tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.