Subject: Scenario listing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miikka Rytty
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know what scenarios will be in the game (and how many maps do they need)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen anything definite yet--the only authoritative answer I've seen is "a lot." There are 160 pages of scenarios though. Some of them will involve combining Guderian's Blitzkrieg II to give you the entire Eastern Front sans Leningrad.

Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe MMP will give us some Blue's Clues! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Dean Essig has posted the following on CSW when asked how many 1 (or 2) map scenarios are included:
Quote:
Two exclusively designed one-map scenarios, one one-mapper subset of a bigger scenario, three more two-mappers that are subsets of bigger scenarios.
http://tinyurl.com/ynlrs8

So that's (at least) 6 right there using just 1 or 2 of the included maps.

Edit: Brian Youse (MMP) will publish the information, but is waiting on Dean Essig to pass along the firm details. Hints at CSW are that a few details will be added over the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from memory, but campaign-wise, I believe Dean said that there are six(?) starting points, with setups for each game (GBII, EatG, CB). So you can play each of the starting points with just one map, with two maps, or with all three. That's something like 36 campaign game scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Rytty
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got my game, so I'm going to answer my own question for the benefit of those people still thinking should they order this one.

There are two one-map scenarios:

"Edge of the World", 25 turns, covering the German drive toward Grozny in the fall 1942. Not too many units, very little supply. Looks like a good introduction scenario for supply optimization.

"Khar'kov 1942: The Failed Offensive", 6 turns, covering the Soviet spring offensive for Kharkov. Has plenty of units, looks pretty good.

The game has one longer scenario / semicampaign covering Operation Edelweiss. It uses 4 or 5 maps and covers 26 July - 19 October. Sort of the big brother of "Edge of the World".

Then there are the campaign starts:
Operation Typhoon (Oct 41-May 43)
Pre-Fall Blau (5 Jun 42-May 43)
Fall Blau (29 Jun 42-May 43)
Fall Blau (8 Jul 42- May 43) (start date is near the date German units reached Don river near Voronezh)
Uranus & Mars (Nov 42-Mar 43)
The Back Hand Blow (Jan 43-May 43)

All these campaign starts have several variations for different map configurations(with or without GBII, only on EatG maps, only on new maps and so on...). Some of the campaign starts have semirules on how to play without some maps (for example how to play the forming of the pocket on just two maps). But generally, these campaign starts need at least 4 maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.