Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am reading through the 2P rule book for the first time. This is my first hex based wargame, so I want to make sure I understand as much as possible before starting to play. So far, it seems pretty reasonable to follow, but I did get stuck on one of the examples.

p34, example G - The rule book says:

EA:A rule book wrote:
G: Out of Supply: this unit cannot trace a valid path to a supply head: it is within four hexes of Houffalize by two different routes, but neither path is valid for unit G due to the presence of enemy ZOCs.

Is this true? I was under the impression that you could trace supply through a ZOC, as long as a friendly unit was present. Now, it seems that Unit G is OOS, but because of the river, not ZOCs. Do I misunderstand? I didn't see a question on this in the forum, nor is it mentioned in the errata document, but I apologize if this has been covered already.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Garbett
United Kingdom
Walsall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's incorrectly worded. It should be similar to example F, it didn't start next to the river so can't cross it. It could also reach 1513 however this isn't a valid Supply head as it's in enemy ZOC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garbinho wrote:
I think it's incorrectly worded. It should be similar to example F, it didn't start next to the river so can't cross it. It could also reach 1513 however this isn't a valid Supply head as it's in enemy ZOC.

Right. Good. I think we are in agreement that it is, indeed, out of supply, but not for the reason stated. Just wanted to make sure I had it right. To be fair, this is page 34, and it's the first stumble I've had, so I'd say the rules are pretty good so far. It just seemed odd that it wasn't already in the Errata, and that made me think I had it wrong.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.