Subject: September Update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-cont...

Cool video of the first completed box. Looks really cool.

Things are definitely humming along and while we can expect a decent delay looks like we may have an updated ETA next month. I would expect Q1 or Q2 2017 most likely. All to the good as long as we get the game we all expect to get!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks amazing! very excited to get this game. Going to be a gem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

It looks like they are keeping the metallic print on the box! I saw that it was "re-locked" as a stretch goal on their KS page. This is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm impatient to play it, but I guess it's still a ways off, unfortunately. It does look like a pretty epic experience, and I'm certain it will be worth the wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with today's update. They basically only showed some bling-bling and announced the announcement of a projected release date.

Not surprised or disappointed about the release date, but I would have liked to see or read some more actual game elements. Long-gone are the posts in which we heard about design solutions or were shown artwork or cards.

Do they have such bad spoiler-anxiety or did they simply forget?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Under the Meeplescope
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm such an idiot for missing this.

Need retail info!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Airdrawn78 wrote:
I'm such an idiot for missing this.

Need retail info!!

Based on previous Kickstarter conversations, they probably won't do retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with today's update. They basically only showed some bling-bling and announced the announcement of a projected release date.

Not surprised or disappointed about the release date, but I would have liked to see or read some more actual game elements. Long-gone are the posts in which we heard about design solutions or were shown artwork or cards.

Do they have such bad spoiler-anxiety or did they simply forget?

By long gone, you mean since the previous update? Which was what, one month ago?

It's actually good that they're not showing gameplay design elements anymore. Means they're completely done with it, and the game is coming sooner than later. Did you expect some deep thoughts about the design of the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
By long gone, you mean since the previous update? Which was what, one month ago?

It's actually good that they're not showing gameplay design elements anymore. Means they're completely done with it, and the game is coming sooner than later. Did you expect some deep thoughts about the design of the box?

Well, there was not much in terms of gameplay in the last updates that I can remember. It was mostly components design. Which is fine, but I am just craving a little more information in terms of gameplay. But most people aren't spoiler-agnostic, so it's probably a good thing for them.

I just don't care much about components as long as they're fine. I'm much more intrigued by the actual gameplay. And for my tastes, that is coming a little short.

To be clear: I am not disappointed in the game, I'd just have loved to see more gameplay in the updates.

Still excited for the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, first, if I already pledged this project based on the PnP demo and the more extensive gamethroughs, now it is now a little too late would be a little too late to realise I don't really like the mechanics (or it is too early, because I still need to get the reward before I can sell it away).

Secondly, the update does include what appears to be a very encouraging set of status bars. Allegedly, play-testing is its final stages, the French text is ready (however, there is still some Serious work to be done on the English translation) and, most importantly, the artwork has progressed at a very brisk pace and has reached an encouragingly advanced status. Short of revealing most of the surprises in the game, there is little photographic evidence Serious Poulp can release to back these claims.

EDIT: Grammar error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:
Well, first, if I already pledged this project based on the PnP demo and the more extensive gamethroughs, it is now a little too late to realise I don't really like the mechanics (or it is too early, because I still need to get the reward before I can sell it away).

What didn't you like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
gmilitaru wrote:
Well, first, if I already pledged this project based on the PnP demo and the more extensive gamethroughs, it is now a little too late to realise I don't really like the mechanics (or it is too early, because I still need to get the reward before I can sell it away).

What didn't you like?

I think gmilitaru was speaking hypothetically, asking me: "Why would you want to learn about gameplay now? You already spent your money."

Answer: I'm just that curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
gmilitaru wrote:

What didn't you like?

I think gmilitaru was speaking hypothetically, asking me: "Why would you want to learn about gameplay now? You already spent your money."

Answer: I'm just that curious.

I like reading stuff about my games too I totally understand. But I don't want this game to be spoiled to me either, so... I'm glad they don't share anything anymore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:
Secondly, the update does include what appears to be a very encouraging set of status bars. Allegedly, play-testing is its final stages, the French text is ready (however, there is still some Serious work to be done on the English translation) and, most importantly, the artwork has progressed at a very brisk pace and has reached an encouragingly advanced status. Short of revealing most of the surprises in the game, there is little photographic evidence Serious Poulp can release to back these claims.

The even better part of the status bars is that the game is further along than just bars would indicate. Just a very rough estimate on the numers, I think the base game is probably 70% of all cards, expansions 25% and addons 5%. So the fact that translation or art are far from complete on the addons doesn't worry me so much, especially since playtesting, and writing are already finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Seen wrote:
gmilitaru wrote:

The even better part of the status bars is that the game is further along than just bars would indicate. Just a very rough estimate on the numers, I think the base game is probably 70% of all cards, expansions 25% and addons 5%. So the fact that translation or art are far from complete on the addons doesn't worry me so much, especially since playtesting, and writing are already finished.

I love your avatar wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:
Well, first, if I already pledged this project based on the PnP demo and the more extensive gamethroughs, now it is now a little too late would be a little too late to realise I don't really like the mechanics (or it is too early, because I still need to get the reward before I can sell it away).

I think now is a great time to sell your reward, if you want to. There are plenty of people who wish they had pledged and would pay you more than your original pledge amount, right now, to receive your game when you get it. And you could even enter their address for fulfillment so it gets shipped directly to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I think now is a great time to sell your reward, if you want to.

You are right, as always.

The implicit context was an update with more details on the game (wished for by another poster). It would be better to try and sell the game right now, when all there is is hype and some reviewers' opinion of a preliminary version of the game, than when a more detailed update would reveal the game is less than stellar (at least for some of the backers) and thus the demand for the game would go down.

(Although in the case of this specific game, it is not good if the game is too successful either, because then there will immediately be a publisher interested in having a new edition printed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I actually want to see in terms of game play before release is an updated rulebook. This is even more so needed now that they have "streamlined" certain aspects of the game.

Considering all of the great feedback the community gave them during the Alpha they would do well to come back again and make sure the rules are as tight as can be before release. We all know how wonky some KS rulebooks can be....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Box
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
jsesta84 wrote:
The only thing I actually want to see in terms of game play before release is an updated rulebook. This is even more so needed now that they have "streamlined" certain aspects of the game.

Considering all of the great feedback the community gave them during the Alpha they would do well to come back again and make sure the rules are as tight as can be before release. We all know how wonky some KS rulebooks can be....

Fixed it for you. Wonky rulebooks are definitely not restricted to KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deverash wrote:
jsesta84 wrote:

Fixed it for you. Wonky rulebooks are definitely not restricted to KS.

haha, fair enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone wants to uhh, unload their pledge, I'll buy. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.