FUSE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Looking to clarify setup and card count. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edgar Baez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Just wanted to make sure I had the setup right.

The game states a 2 player training mission is 17 cards.

But the total amount of bombs in the game is 21 right?

How we play is we deal 2 cards to each player (in a 2 player game), then deal out 17 cards, shuffle in 6 fuse cards, for a total of 27 cards used in the game, and 21 bombs, of which 17 are defused to win the game, is this the correct set up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Schmidt
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thirteen-time World Champion Green Bay Packers!
badge
The time that we kill keeps us alive
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how our group interprets the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McClure
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ebj7 wrote:

How we play is we deal 2 cards to each player (in a 2 player game), then deal out 17 cards, shuffle in 6 fuse cards, for a total of 27 cards used in the game, and 21 bombs, of which 17 are defused to win the game, is this the correct set up?

Yes I'm pretty sure that's how it's done. That's why they say that you don't have to finish all of the cards directly in front of you to win the game - you just have to clear the cards in the middle. If you add 17 bomb cards to the middle (plus the fuse cards) for the training mission, then you just have to get all of those cards out of the deck/middle row to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Baez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
CelestialMonkey wrote:
ebj7 wrote:

Yes I'm pretty sure that's how it's done. That's why they say that you don't have to finish all of the cards directly in front of you to win the game - you just have to clear the cards in the middle. If you add 17 bomb cards to the middle (plus the fuse cards) for the training mission, then you just have to get all of those cards out of the deck/middle row to win.

Thanks, there was some initial confusion as to whether the 2 starting cards came from the 17 cards. Also whether it was 5 cards in the middle of the table and 17 in the main deck or whether the 5 cards came from the starting 17. When we first started, we had a bomb deck of 17 cards, then added 5 to the middle of the table as well, so we were surprised at how hard it felt to get through them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you all have it correct. Another way to do it would be to just deal 21 cards into a stack. From that stack, deal 2 to each player and 5 to the middle. Then shuffle the Fuse cards into the remaining cards. I may even re-word it that way for future editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:
Yes, you all have it correct. Another way to do it would be to just deal 21 cards into a stack. From that stack, deal 2 to each player and 5 to the middle. Then shuffle the Fuse cards into the remaining cards. I may even re-word it that way for future editions.
I think that is more clear. When I first read it I paused and thought "does that mean...? Yeah it must" and went on my way - but one less rules question for people to stop and ask themselves while reading rules is a win.

I was about to ramble on about ramifications for the solitaire rules explanation but I'm sure you've thought about that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Baez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Favre4MVP wrote:

I like this wording better, or maybe as a summation. Thanks for your input.

Also, just want to praise this game, its one of the few I've continued to think about after playing. Its the first game me and my girlfriend have played back to back over 5+ times since we first started the hobby playing Dominion. I'm not sure the tension can be matched by any other board game out there, not even Escape takes it to this level in my opinion. A true gem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does have that just-one-more property.

While I do play games online and vs AIs on my tablet while commuting or when I have some waiting time and some of those games have been played more, in terms of physical games this is among my top few played games. Off the top of my head I've only played Limes more. Sure it isn't the most played in terms of hours, but I've had a blast playing it and gotten excellent value. And I'm sure it will continue to provide value.

Awesome game, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm glad you're all enjoying it so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kane,

It's great to see that you're out here as I just read your 1-2 player Variant regarding the placement of dice AFTER resolving a Bomb Card...brilliant!

As to the OP and at the risk of sounding pedantic, I do want to walk through it one more time with a bit more specificity...

My daughter and I love the game, but we're remaining on the Training Level for a bit longer...here we go:

1. We deal two Bomb Cards to each of us (one of which must be a "1" or "2" point card).
2. Then, we deal out 17 Bomb Cards (Training Level for 2 players)
3. Deal 5 Bomb Cards into the center of the table (we now have a deck of 12 Bomb Cards)
4. Add into the deck 6 random Fuse Cards (taking the deck to 18 Bomb & Fuse Cards)

This should be correct...

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Kane,

It's great to see that you're out here as I just read your 1-2 player Variant regarding the placement of dice AFTER resolving a Bomb Card...brilliant!

As to the OP and at the risk of sounding pedantic, I do want to walk through it one more time with a bit more specificity...

My daughter and I love the game, but we're remaining on the Training Level for a bit longer...here we go:

1. We deal two Bomb Cards to each of us (one of which must be a "1" or "2" point card).
2. Then, we deal out 17 Bomb Cards (Training Level for 2 players)
3. Deal 5 Bomb Cards into the center of the table (we now have a deck of 12 Bomb Cards)
4. Add into the deck 6 random Fuse Cards (taking the deck to 18 Bomb & Fuse Cards)

This should be correct...

Cheers,
Joe

Hey Joe,

Yes, this is all correct.

-Kane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Gaeta
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
@playrenegade on Twitter
badge
@scottgaeta on Twitter
mbmbmbmbmb
We are releasing a special "wild die" for Fuse in our Santa's Renegade's holiday promo box. Here's some more info:

http://www.renegadegamestudios.com/news/2016/9/12/santas-ren...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biff
msg tools
Favre4MVP wrote:

Just to clarify, if the player receives two 4 point bomb cards to start with (for example), does the second 4 point card go back into the stack of 21 or is it discarded and replaced from the extra unused cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Biff21 wrote:
Favre4MVP wrote:

Just to clarify, if the player receives two 4 point bomb cards to start with (for example), does the second 4 point card go back into the stack of 21 or is it discarded and replaced from the extra unused cards?

Official: It gets shuffled back into the stack of cards you're using.

Up to you: If you want to hope for an easier game, you could discard it and hope to draw a lower valued replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.