$30.00
$20.00
$15.00
blake burns
msg tools
designer
publisher
Hey BGG,

Our card game, Town of Salem, did pretty well on Kickstarter back in May. We are looking at post-production retailing once we have fulfilled our Kickstarter and I am trying to estimate out the value of each of the large retailers.

Are you a creator that has a deal with one of these large retailers? Or any other large retailer that I might not be thinking about?

How did you go about getting the deal? How many units of your game did they order?

We will be listed on Amazon.com/ca and using gamequest.co.uk for online retailing but this question is for someone who is going to buy a large amount of product up front to put into their chain stores.

Any advice or stories of your experiences would be super helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
blankmediagames wrote:
We are looking at post-production retailing once we have fulfilled our Kickstarter and I am trying to estimate out the value of each of the large retailers.

if you don't get your answers here I would suggest checking with your fellow game designers in the forums over at

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974616/boardgamegeek/board-g...

though ymmv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blake burns
msg tools
designer
publisher
I was going to post there but didn't see a forum I thought was related. I will cross-post if this thread dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick C.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big retailers buy almost exclusively from distributors like GTS, Alliance or PSI. I'd start with those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blake burns
msg tools
designer
publisher
Awesome advice. Do you know any other distributors that would be selling to places like Walmart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blake burns
msg tools
designer
publisher
Anyone looking for a good list of distributors (maybe future people finding this thread) I found this list:
http://www.jamesmathe.com/hitchhikers-guide-to-game-distribu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely check with PSI. Many of the largest game publishers use them (they are actually more of a Distribution Management Service, rather than a straight up distributor), and they have relationships with all the mass market retailers you mentioned.

Please let us know what your experience with this is. I'm genuinely curious about how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Dragon Enterprises
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Blake!

There is a publication generated by Greater Games Industry. This includes a Vendors & Services Directory and a Distributors list both domestic and international. A web search will provide you with a website and contact information. Best of Luck!

W. Rogers Abbott III
White Dragon Enterprises, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blake burns
msg tools
designer
publisher
I have a call setup with them. I will keep people updated with progress

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.