Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lina B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of weeks ago, I had the very great honor of officiating the wedding of two of my favorite people. I introduced them to modern board games, and they're hooked. They wanted their ceremony to be short and mostly traditional. Besides the usual stuff, I included this brief bit:

When I was young, my mother told me the secret to a happy life is to marry your best friend. And that is clearly the path you two have chosen. You’ve often said you wake up laughing and you go to bed laughing and now you embark on your next adventure together, sitting down to the cooperative game of life. Just like any game, you’ll have to strategize and follow some rules. You’ll have to depend on each other, taking advantage of your individual strengths and trusting each other to do their best for the team. You’ll face bad luck and good luck, but by wisely using your resources of love, patience, loyalty and commitment, there will be no challenge you cannot surmount. And most importantly, you will do it all while delighting in each other’s company, and having fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You just had to mention The Game of Life, didn't you?

(Apparently it's rated a 4.1 over here)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lina B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
You just had to mention The Game of Life, didn't you?

(Apparently it's rated a 4.1 over here)

Yeah, but it's the cooperative variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.