Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Myers
United States
Plymouth
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching the SU&SD review I very much wanted to try out their suggestion of purchasing a copy and looking at everything and then selling it.

But would anyone actually be interested in doing such a thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Too far from you, but I actually would.
However, I would only do so for a slightly lower price. After all, you "enjoyed the game", also - even if differntly than intended.

My two cents.
So if anyone is game for this with the upcoming German edition, give me a holler...

Edit:
The biggest problem such a business transaction could encounter would be the problem with returning the game if it was not as specified (i.e. not undamaged or incomplete) or with contacting customer services for replacement parts.
In this case, missing parts might be encountered only very late. There is no guarantee anymore, once the game is opened and "checked", other than the seller's word for it. And how do you explain to the publisher if something is "missing" from the game? How can you claim you have a right for replacement? After all, the intended use for the game is for it to "deteriorate" during gameplay, so anyone purchasing a "used" copy of the game (in whichever way it was used, in the end) forfeits that right...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Previous thread on this:
Re-sealing the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your sale. I am still waiting for the shipping notice on my pre-order copy. If your copy is still available in a couple of weeks and I have still heard nothing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:

In this case, missing parts might be encountered only very late. There is no guarantee anymore, once the game is opened and "checked", other than the seller's word for it. And how do you explain to the publisher if something is "missing" from the game?

Isn't that a general issue of Legacy games though even without reselling?
If you need a year to get through Pandemic Legacy and only then notice that one of your boxes is empty, the publisher also needs to take your word for it much later then you even bought it.
Legacy games in general seem to have that problem from a customer service point of view, as you can't check if the game is complete before you start the game or even until you are almost through with it, which might be month after you bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Myers
United States
Plymouth
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Too far from you, but I actually would.
However, I would only do so for a slightly lower price. After all, you "enjoyed the game", also - even if differntly than intended.

My two cents.
So if anyone is game for this with the upcoming German edition, give me a holler...

Edit:
The biggest problem such a business transaction could encounter would be the problem with returning the game if it was not as specified (i.e. not undamaged or incomplete) or with contacting customer services for replacement parts.
In this case, missing parts might be encountered only very late. There is no guarantee anymore, once the game is opened and "checked", other than the seller's word for it. And how do you explain to the publisher if something is "missing" from the game? How can you claim you have a right for replacement? After all, the intended use for the game is for it to "deteriorate" during gameplay, so anyone purchasing a "used" copy of the game (in whichever way it was used, in the end) forfeits that right...

I think that would be fair to have the price reduced, I definitely see a problem if there are missing pieces. I think you would have to make sure you trade with someone reputable.

Phelanpt wrote:
Previous thread on this:
Re-sealing the game

I did read through that but I wanted to get more direct answers from people in regards to whether people would actually do it or not.

martimer wrote:
Good luck with your sale. I am still waiting for the shipping notice on my pre-order copy. If your copy is still available in a couple of weeks and I have still heard nothing...

Hopefully it gets to you soon, and right now it's just theoretical haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

ovis wrote:
Dumon wrote:

In this case, missing parts might be encountered only very late. There is no guarantee anymore, once the game is opened and "checked", other than the seller's word for it. And how do you explain to the publisher if something is "missing" from the game?

Isn't that a general issue of Legacy games though even without reselling?
If you need a year to get through Pandemic Legacy and only then notice that one of your boxes is empty, the publisher also needs to take your word for it much later then you even bought it.
Legacy games in general seem to have that problem from a customer service point of view, as you can't check if the game is complete before you start the game or even until you are almost through with it, which might be month after you bought it.

Maybe just provide a count which could be verified roughly and making sure to trade with someone reputable, those seem like the only way to mitigate that problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d3sp41r wrote:
martimer wrote:

Hopefully it gets to you soon, and right now it's just theoretical haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.
Thanks. I saw, finally, the update about shipping delays to the USA. So, more patience applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.