Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just tell them you want to play a draft style Skirmish level miniatures wargame. If they like risk and are not adverse to little action figures then I am sure they would give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, play it up front !
Set up the map, build up two armies, set up the armies on the battlefield, display the cards and voilĂ  ready to serve ! If they want to draft, that'll be okay anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big tip! Make sure your first game is already set up and is a proven, tested scenario! Just pick one from the Master Set booklet.

I made the mistake of introducing this game at my local group by using a scenario that I created and thought would be cool. It wasn't balanced and it wasn't very fun. Luckily my group remained interested. Flipping through the book, we decided to try Migol's Tomb. It was double lucky that I had brought enough pieces to make the map.

Everybody (4 players) really enjoyed playing Migol's Tomb.

It also helped that I had only brought along a few sets of pieces that formed relatively logical armies... so army selection wasn't too daunting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayakon wrote:
Thanks for the tips everyone! Do you have any suggestions on which master set scenario to play?

Which ever seems like it would be the most fun to your and your friends. If they like Risk maybe 1 of the Kill or be killed straight forward scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.