Imperial Settlers: Atlanteans» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nagging Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Still trying to clarify my understanding of how the Atlantean work after a few plays, but as I read more posts in search of answers, specifically about how the Atlanteans Common Production cards work when they have a Basic Tech Token on them. The wording in the rules is VERY simple and explicit IMO. They 'doubles its production.' Many have implied that that means the Production location activates or is used/accessed twice, and therefore if you have an Advanced Scoring Tech Token on the location, you'll get 2 VP instead of just 1. If that's the case, the rules were written poorly/misleadingly. This issue would also then apply to Features with a Basic Tech Token on them.

From the rule book:

BASIC TECHNOLOGY TOKENS
Basic Technology tokens modify locations they are placed on in the following manner:
* Placed on a Production Location doubles it's production.
*Placed on a Feature Location doubles it's effect.

ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY TOKENS
Advanced Scoring Technology gives the owner 1 VP each time the Location it is placed on is used (Production Location produces resources, Feature Location ability is used, Action Location is activated.

The rules do not state that Production Locations produce twice. They state that their production is doubled. There is a difference and it's important. Now, they may have meant something else, but that is not what was written in the rules.

If I am wrong, or Portal Games has clarified this issue, can anyone please point me to that source? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
In another thread, someone said the following:

[q="mogust"]
Quote:
As I'm sure you have discovered from the forums, there was some poor wording for the effect of standard tech tokens on production locations in the manual. "Doubles its production" actually means "activates twice", so a common production location with both a standard tech token, and an advanced scoring tech token would score 2 VP per production phase.

But nowhere in the rules, or on any card do they use the term 'activate' when describing the use of a Production Location ability, whether it be yours or someone else's that you are using via a card effect. The word 'activate' is used exclusively in reference to the use of Action Locations abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So I read this Portal article about the Tech tokens...

Double tech VP engines.

Production Max. 3 and Technology
Bob's Building Team and Technology
Basic tech + scoring tech on production = 2 point per round ?

https://twitter.com/trzewik/status/636361961308078082
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.