Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Among the Stars, so I'm coming into this blind.

How much player interaction is there in Fields of Green? Is it mostly coming from the drafting and maybe choosing your starting hand based on what everyone else is doing as well as your needs?

Or is there a deeper/more involved level of interaction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Without knowing all the cards abilities, I would still say that's the level of player interaction is pretty much the same level as any other card drafting games (like 7 Wonders for example). You can draft what you want OR hate draft (get rid of one card that is to good for your opponents, to go to the market for example).

Again, without knowing all the cards abilities, it's hard to tell more than that. Maybe there are cards that will affect other players but I doubt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even in 7W there's a little interaction with the trading... I don't see anything like there in FoG so far. But I've only watched the Rahdo videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Among the Stars was similar that the base game didn't initially have a lot of interaction and then they included more elements in the expansions. The developer has already hinted there will be some type of expansion coming down the pipe that includes a player count increase and I hope they have some type of auction mechanisms and other player interaction elements. Maybe I can eventually torch my neighbors fields!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.