Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Aldinger
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've read through the rules several times but am having a bit of trouble identifying a couple of the acronyms.

On the Terrain Effect chart under the Water and River terrain, Spread is listed as NF and Intensity is listed as either NA or OT. I can make assumptions, but I'm hoping for a definitive answer.

The rest I've managed to slowly parse out. While they were found in the rules, they were a bit buried and spread out all over the place. A future edition would benefit from a proper glossary of terms.

MC - Moisture Content
WS - Wind Speed
NC - No Change
CF - Cold Front
ROS - Rate of Spread
WD - Wind Direction
NC - No Change

MP - Movement Points
A - Unlimited Air
R - Unlimited Road
# - Hexes per Turn

NF - No Fire?
NA - Not Applicable?
OT - ?

Let me know. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OT = Other Terrain (in Hex). The river, road, or highway (running thru the 100 meter wide, 1 hectare, hex) will mitigate the spread (act as a firebreak), but not add to the intensity of the fire. You would need to look at the terrain thru which the river, road, or highway passes to get your number.

Look at the paragraph in Rule 6.3 right after the example in italics. It does not explicitly spell out OT, but we understand it implicitly.

I'm going with you on the NF = No Fire, and NA = Not Applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Anderson
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Looks like you guys got me here. Amazing this wasn't pointed out to me in the 20 years of publication.

NF is supposed to mean non-fuel (too scientific) but no fire works.

OT = Other Terrain, NA = Not Applicable (common terms on many Terrain Effects Charts).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.