Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings.

Played my first exhibition game and had a question about the Damocles Razor.

Interrupting Move says, when you play an interrupt card, you get a move action.
What are acceptable situations to play it?

Is it only eligible when you are about to be carved? Because in Skrimmage matches, interrupting cards are only played when athletes move out of threatened squares.

Also, can the coach use an interrupt card to give a Razor a free move action on their own turn?
Or is interrupting move only usable to get the razor out of harms way?

Also, can the interrupting move be used to stand up instead of moving?

Any clarification or examples on how this works is appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dalke
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Check out page 12 in the exhibition and league rule book.

You can play an interrupt card during any coach's turn at the following times:

During the Draw Action, or Clean Up.

Before or after another action or interrupt.

During an opponent's Move action to make a Carve test.

The first two supersede the card text, if I recall. Don't have the card handy.

But, you can for instance.. move your razor, then before performing another action - use an interrupt card to move again (which cannot be interrupted or carved). The skill is pretty potent and allows those with it to fly across the board.

Also, can the coach use an interrupt card to give a Razor a free move action on their own turn? Yes. And you don't to have activated the interrupting player with an onslaught token. Anyone with the interrupting skill can take advantage of the skill so long as it is appropriate to play the card (see above). So you could use it before one of your other characters acts, to put the razor in a better position for what you have planned later.

Or is interrupting move only usable to get the razor out of harms way? It can certainly be used for that purpose, but is not the only use of the skill.

Also, can the interrupting move be used to stand up instead of moving? As standing up is considered a move action... yes. You could use interrupting move to stand up - then use an onslaught token to activate the razor and move with him as normal.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

That is how we played it and I wanted to be 100% sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The interrupt cards value really increases in Exhibition & League play.

Free actions to chop, move, throw, intercept (yup, there are interceptions in Slaughterball), and even interrupting special which will allow your Valkyrie player to Divert/Direct outside their normal onslaught phase. All either currently available for certain teams or available to be purchased by inspired coaches.

@Mike, how has your Valkyrie player taken to Exhibition? Don't forget to point out that although their toughness has decreased, their Razor gains the highest accuracy of all the first season athletes and the Slashers can add their "ballbuster" to spike actions! If he still wants to go head hunting for chop opportunities he might want to switch over to Carnage...counting stars as knives courtesy of Star Brawler is pretty deadly. If he sticks with Valkyries he will definitely need to set up interference with the Cleavers/Slashers and their Distract brawling before moving in for the chop. One of the tougher teams to learn at first but SOOOOO fun to play once you get used to them!

Oh, and make sure he takes at least one "HEAL 2" edge token to help get the fragile ladies back in the game quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dalke
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I loves the Valkyries team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ogmundprime wrote:
The interrupt cards value really increases in Exhibition & League play.

Free actions to chop, move, throw, intercept (yup, there are interceptions in Slaughterball), and even interrupting special which will allow your Valkyrie player to Divert/Direct outside their normal onslaught phase. All either currently available for certain teams or available to be purchased by inspired coaches.

@Mike, how has your Valkyrie player taken to Exhibition? Don't forget to point out that although their toughness has decreased, their Razor gains the highest accuracy of all the first season athletes and the Slashers can add their "ballbuster" to spike actions! If he still wants to go head hunting for chop opportunities he might want to switch over to Carnage...counting stars as knives courtesy of Star Brawler is pretty deadly. If he sticks with Valkyries he will definitely need to set up interference with the Cleavers/Slashers and their Distract brawling before moving in for the chop. One of the tougher teams to learn at first but SOOOOO fun to play once you get used to them!

Oh, and make sure he takes at least one "HEAL 2" edge token to help get the fragile ladies back in the game quickly.

Sadly, that player was not present that session, so I got to play the Valkyries.
I loved them. I totally took a heal edge token too and needed it. I was in first for the first 5 rounds, then they dogpiled on me and I went into round 6 with only 2 athletes. :-(. I ended in third place.
More exhibition games will be played soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks, Ogmund and David for answering the question while I was at Rose City Comic Con!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
synncere wrote:
Check out page 12 in the exhibition and league rule book.

But, you can for instance.. move your razor, then before performing another action - use an interrupt card to move again (which cannot be interrupted or carved). The skill is pretty potent and allows those with it to fly across the board.

Hi! Some (perhaps redundant) questions on the same skill.

The bolded line in the quote, is this true because of the 'cannot play multiple interrupt cards at the same time' rule?

We played a game tonight exactly like this and it was our SoD player that doubted this was the case, as he danced and skipped through a crowd of both Nemesis and Carnage Butchers and Slashers, picking up the ball as he went, and finishing with another easy 4 point shot.

Did we play correctly, or as the SoD player believes he should have been targetable for Carves as he passed the opposing models?

Also, fantastic game! We're all loving it, from the epic fails to the high drama miracle shots and chops.

Thanks for your answer(s).

MB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Michael,

Interrupting Moves can't themselves be interrupted or carved. This makes them very powerful. But, remember, each athlete can only do one Interrupting Move per coach turn.

Many coaches make it standard practice to eliminate athletes with Interrupting Move, because they are so good at getting the ball and scoring.

I'm glad you like the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.