Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - these probably have been asked, but my quick search didn't turn them up.

1. With the Bluff Mission - where you can put cards on the top or bottom...can the Rebel actually look at the cards? It was clear that the Empire player couldn't, but unclear that the Rebel could.

2. On mission cards, there are several that require 3 of the same icon. We played that only one leader could fulfill this...is that correct? I've seen info that might conflict with this, allowing for 2 leaders to satisfy the requirement.

3. Just checking - I think I saw in the FAQ that the Rebels can move the rebel base to a location that has an Empire presence, but combat would be immediate...true? (This would be an immediate notification of where the rebel base was...but perhaps make it harder to reach)

4. Situation - Large combat on Mon Calimari yields zero Empire in Space, but zero Rebel on Ground. Is this possible? What is the impact? What if this were the rebel base?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkobla Conn wrote:

1. With the Bluff Mission - where you can put cards on the top or bottom...can the Rebel actually look at the cards? It was clear that the Empire player couldn't, but unclear that the Rebel could.

Yes, the Rebel player can look at the cards.

Quote:
2. On mission cards, there are several that require 3 of the same icon. We played that only one leader could fulfill this...is that correct? I've seen info that might conflict with this, allowing for 2 leaders to satisfy the requirement.

The leaders assigned to the mission must have a combined skill total matching the card. So for a 3-icon mission, you could assign two leaders, with one leader having 1 and the other having 2. Neither leader has to have 3 to resolve it, just a COMBINED total of 3.

Quote:
3. Just checking - I think I saw in the FAQ that the Rebels can move the rebel base to a location that has an Empire presence, but combat would be immediate...true? (This would be an immediate notification of where the rebel base was...but perhaps make it harder to reach)

No, the rules specifically prohibit this. Page 11 of the RRG: "The Rebel player cannot establish a base in a system that has Imperial loyalty, Imperial units, or a destroyed system marker."

Quote:
4. Situation - Large combat on Mon Calimari yields zero Empire in Space, but zero Rebel on Ground. Is this possible? What is the impact? What if this were the rebel base?

This is possible. The impact is the Rebel Base is not yet captured. To win, the Empire must have units in the Rebel Base system and NO rebel units there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruse
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Not sure about 1 and 3 as I don't have the game with my right now, but...

2. That is not correct. You can use two leaders' combined skill to fulfill the requirements.

4. Yes, you can have rebel space units and Imperial ground units share the same system. The impact is that neither side can build or deploy units there. The planet would also be subjugated if empire troops were on the ground and it was not a planet with imperial loyalty. To break the stalemate you would have to bring in more forces to eradicate the other side. If this were the rebel base you would have the same result. The Empire would still need to eradicate the remaining rebel space forces in order to win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunt Them Down was used to great effect in one of the PBF games to clear the Rebel Base when one theater was barely held by the Rebels. Best use I've seen of the card, which I had thought almost useless up until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
For #3, what you may have seen is not the Rebel Base MOVING, but being REVEALED.

IE, if the Empire has ships in the Rebel Base system (but no ground troops), the Rebels could reveal the base, which would cause an instant battle. But the base must have already been there when this happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruse
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I just thought of something related to question number 4.

I believe the game rules state that when the Rebel base is revealed you still get the production of the space and ground triangle on the secret rebel base space. This occurs regardless of the system's loyalty.

However, what if that system had an Imperial troop presence there? Would this then prevent production? Or is there still an exception for the secret rebel base? Obviously you still could not deploy them there. My guess is no production, but I'm not certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a good question. I don't have the rules on my right now, but I'd imagine it actually remains in production- you just can't deploy to it. I'd think this just because the triangles are on the actual rebel space space (which isn't taken until the end of the game) not the planet that it's on.

But hey, I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mb
harvest4 wrote:
I just thought of something related to question number 4.

I believe the game rules state that when the Rebel base is revealed you still get the production of the space and ground triangle on the secret rebel base space. This occurs regardless of the system's loyalty.

However, what if that system had an Imperial troop presence there? Would this then prevent production? Or is there still an exception for the secret rebel base? Obviously you still could not deploy them there. My guess is no production, but I'm not certain.

According to the Reference Rule, you can't build unit using the icon in the Rebel Base if the base is revealed and there's Imperial unit in that System.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another note on #3: Don't forget that when the base moves, all the units that were in the base stay behind. So it would probably be unwise to move it to a system with Imperial units in it, even if it were allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mbmbmb
demoss1 wrote:
Hunt Them Down was used to great effect in one of the PBF games to clear the Rebel Base when one theater was barely held by the Rebels. Best use I've seen of the card, which I had thought almost useless up until then.

Ah Yes... That did happen... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjamatic3000 wrote:
Another note on #3: Don't forget that when the base moves, all the units that were in the base stay behind. So it would probably be unwise to move it to a system with Imperial units in it, even if it were allowed.

We were not doing this... Even those in the secret base get left behind??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkobla Conn wrote:
ninjamatic3000 wrote:

Yes. The units at the original base gets left behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkobla Conn wrote:
ninjamatic3000 wrote:

There would be no "secret base". To move the base, it must be revealed first (either by Imperials finding it, or the Rebels revealing it during their turn). The Rebels also have to hand over the probe card that was previously on the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't have to be revealed during a Rebel turn - it is done as part of the move process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that didn't know the units are left behind, I strongly suggest revising the Rebel Base section of the RRG. You may have missed some other important facts about how the base moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
demoss1 wrote:

Same thing happened to me. I pulled the whole "haha! I have two fighters in space despite your massive ground force" only to get that card played on me and instantly lose. It's a powerful card for countering this strategy. Best in combination with Planetary Conquest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.