Subject: Other games in China/Hansa line? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
I noticed that Hansa and China are in the exact same size box, as if they are in a certain set or line of games, even thought the aren't similar in play.

Are there other games in this series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure. But if you start buying games because of the size of the box, you are bound to end up with some games you don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdiel Xordium
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansa and California are in the same long flat box as China. I think it's just ABACUSSPIELE's default box size.

Edit: both Hansa and California are excellent games. I'm not familiar with any of the other games published by the company.

Edit 2: I read "Hansa" in the OP as "Han". Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
Not sure. But if you start buying games because of the size of the box, you are bound to end up with some games you don't like.

Indeed. But think how easy it would be to cope with any OCD issues!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:

It seems he is only curious about a series. You are the one jumping to the conclusion that he is starting "buying games because of the size of the box".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abdiel wrote:
Hansa and California are in the same long flat box as China. I think it's just ABACUSSPIELE's default box size.

Edit: both Hansa and California are excellent games. I'm not familiar with any of the other games published by the company.

I don't own China or Hansa, but Paris Paris was in the same size box as California, so I guess that counts too.

I got rid of California, but really like Paris Paris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
Edward J Grug III wrote:
abdiel wrote:

I don't own China or Hansa, but Paris Paris was in the same size box as California, so I guess that counts too.

I got rid of California, but really like Paris Paris.

I was just curious. I suppose if I was exactly on the fence between two games and one fit more nicely on my shelf with others then I'd choose that one. But that's about the extent of my ocd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
China is a re-implementation of Web of Power, but I have no idea if the box size is the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.