Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yosh Ebonovich
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played Trambahn incorrectly three times now. We accidentally ignored the rule that states you can't have a column of cards without a tram (columns without trams are discarded to the money stack at the end of each turn).

The main negative side effect is that building a lot of additional columns means the draw pile can eventually run out (since more cards are in play and less cards are being discarded). It's also pretty much impossible to acquire the 4x trams.

Scoring still makes sense - you just don't get the multipliers for the columns without trams. It's kind of nice having the additional flexibility to place those columns (and add a tram later if so desired).

Has anyone else played this way? In all honesty I liked it a lot, but still need to play the "right" way a few times and see if it makes for a better game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor McGuire
United States
Del Rio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow, is this true? We have been playing this game since GenCon 2015 and have never discarded lines when we reshuffle, but we also don't score them if they don't have a tram assigned. I am going to have to look at hte rule book again. I have been having a great time with the game, even if I am playing incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, at the end of your turn, all lines must have a tram or they get discarded. As that is a major part of the pain of using the cards, I can't see not playing with that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.