Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Incredible deal for Game Development Software

With this bundle you're getting:

* GameMaker Studio Pro license
* HTML5 Module (for browser based games)
* iOS Module
* Android Module
* Windows UWP Module (Windows 10 currents, with Windows Phone and Xbox soon)

Plus source code and executables for several games.

NOTE: The average was $15 (to get everything). It's now down to just over $12, making this even more of a no-brainer.

If you've ever wanted to try your hand at Game development, either creating a utility app for a board game or porting your favorite, this is a great entry-level opportunity.

GameMaker Features: LINK
Humble Bundle Deal: FULL DETAILS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
|*...******...*|
badge
HEEEEEEEEEELLLP MEEEEEEEEEE..AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Humble Bundle] GameMaker programming tool - (Under) $15 for Pro version with iOS/HTML/Andoird
Totally jumped on this one. thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Humble Bundle] GameMaker programming tool - (Under) $15 for Pro version with iOS/HTML/Andoird
This will probably end up being something that I never use but on the off chance that I do...there goes $15.

Edit: I keep getting an error that the iOS code and Windows code are invalid. Going to have to contact support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumped on this one as well. I want to do some teaching of programming concepts to kids and this could be helpful. There's something about writing your own game that makes it more interesting. (Doesn't stop them wanting to jump _way_ ahead of what they're ready for, though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
paschott wrote:
Jumped on this one as well. I want to do some teaching of programming concepts to kids and this could be helpful. There's something about writing your own game that makes it more interesting. (Doesn't stop them wanting to jump _way_ ahead of what they're ready for, though.)

You want Scratch for the very very beginnings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Diehl
United States
Grand Terrace
California
flag msg tools
mb
So awesome! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, got Scratch. Have some other resources as well. Part of that is getting the idea that programming is really just giving very, very detailed instructions. Helps to start small then go into different programming concepts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
paschott wrote:

You should also look at Snap! from Berkeley. It is Scratch with some additional functionality (from Scheme) that allows for some more complex stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
fenners wrote:
paschott wrote:

You should also look at Snap! from Berkeley. It is Scratch with some additional functionality (from Scheme) that allows for some more complex stuff.

Scheme, the programming language?

That gives me horrible flashbacks to CSE 120...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
NOTE: The average was $15 (to get everything). It's now down to just over $12, making this even more of a no-brainer.

The tier for everything is a hard $15. The beat the average middle tier is around $12 but you won't get the mobile modules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Z.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how young they are, maybe even start with this so they can learn programming logic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
Scheme, the programming language?

That gives me horrible flashbacks to CSE 120...
Yes, although what it effectively amounts to is the ability to make your own blocks (i.e. functions). You are not forced into functional programming though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

The tier for everything is a hard $15. The beat the average middle tier is around $12 but you won't get the mobile modules.

Correct. Too much scrolling up and down. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marky Mark
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryocho wrote:
Depends on how young they are, maybe even start with this so they can learn programming logic

Picked this up a while ago, it's great. My 8yo can get along for the first 10 or so levels with a bit of help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
4100xpb wrote:
ryocho wrote:

Picked this up a while ago, it's great. My 8yo can get along for the first 10 or so levels with a bit of help.

it's also not just for side scrollers. You can make board games, apps, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
paschott wrote:

I guest lectured at a kids (7th(?) grade to high school) game development camp and they used Construct2. I asked why not Game Maker or Unity. The instructor said that Construct2 had enough features that they never hit barriers, but also enough walls that they never felt overwhelmed.

Related to the Construct2 engine itself, I worked on an indie game that is getting released on Xbox/Ps4/PC/more? and it was made using Construct2. And that game is pretty enough to have the guy who made it go around lecturing on how to make things look so good in Construct lol.

Related to the OP: Hyper Light Drifter was made in Game Maker, so it's no slouch. Another notable hit is Nidhogg. It may have some limitations, but clearly it knows how to pull it's own weight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just a quick note, you will need a computer with mac os/x to deploy to iOS. A minor thing, but just in case you thought you were going to get rich quick...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
∆That....sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
just a quick note, you will need a computer with mac os/x to deploy to iOS. A minor thing, but just in case you thought you were going to get rich quick...

To this point.

Develop your game first.

You have HTML/Windows/Android to test. When you know you have it working right, you can do iOS. A cheap Mac book can be had for $399 or so used, so it's not that large a hurdle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be fun to get a BGG group/guild or something going for users who are trying to use this program so we can bounce ideas and keep each other motivated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Bagherra wrote:

To this point.

Develop your game first.

You have HTML/Windows/Android to test. When you know you have it working right, you can do iOS. A cheap Mac book can be had for $399 or so used, so it's not that large a hurdle.

+$99 for the app developer registration...
And your reasoning is why I said, "minor thing"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Merguez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question for the Game Maker Connoisseurs : Was does the modules brings to the base application ?

and more specifically : Does one can do everything with only the base application ? Except maybe deploy to the specifics stores which i guess are what the modules do ?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
Jonny_Lenny wrote:
A quick question for the Game Maker Connoisseurs : Was does the modules brings to the base application ?

and more specifically : Does one can do everything with only the base application ? Except maybe deploy to the specifics stores which i guess are what the modules do ?

Thanks.

Yes you can do everything with the engine using the base Game Maker Studio: Pro program. If you don't jump on this deal, you can also get the free Game Maker Studio (not pro) version. The differences are outlined here.

http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216754968-Which-...-

Unless you're planning on porting your game to mobile or to app stores, or plan on using GMS as part of a team and need to use source control, the free version can do pretty much everything that you want. (or if you just want to test out the Engine without spending anything first)

Also, GMS has been used to make a couple of indie hits aside from what was mentioned already.

http://gamemakerblog.com/2013/07/24/5-gamemaker-success-stor...

also some numbers
- Undertale (almost 2 million copies owned on steam) http://steamspy.com/app/391540 (Done by one person, Toby Fox)
- Hotline Miami (around 2 million copies owned on steam) http://steamspy.com/app/219150
- Gunpoint (around 750,000 copies owned on steam) http://steamspy.com/app/206190
(created by Tom Francis alone, who previously wrote for PC Gamer. Who has a channel on youtube to teach you how to make a game with GMS with no previous training. Playlist here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6dZWXUEzA&list=PLUtKzyIe0a... [also he did so well with gunpoint he quit his job at pc gamer to make games full time)
- Spelunky (around 750,000 copies owned on steam) http://steamspy.com/app/239350
(original version was done in GMS. They've since redone it using a new engine I think?)

And I'd be totally down if some BGGers would want to get together and do a Game Maker group to motivate, help, and critique each other's work. I made a space themed deck builder-ish card game prototype with GMS, but need some eyes on it to know what I can do to make it better.

anywho, this is a good deal as the export modules are normally over $100 a pop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echo78 wrote:
[q="Jonny_Lenny"]And I'd be totally down if some BGGers would want to get together and do a Game Maker group to motivate, help, and critique each other's work. I made a space themed deck builder-ish card game prototype with GMS, but need some eyes on it to know what I can do to make it better.

I'd be up for this. I don't want to make a game from scratch but I did think it would be cool to automate the energy allocation and SSD's from Star Fleet Battles to iPads. At its core I think SFB is much better than anything that has come after but the spreadsheet like energy allocation scares off modern gamers. I started the project using an awkward combination of Flash & AS3 to get the interactivity I wanted, with SWIFTY export HTML5 to make it browser compatible and bypass the app store.

Very early screen shot - playing with the bidirectional messaging between the Flash layer and HTML5 layers:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormbringerGrey wrote:
echo78 wrote:
[q="Jonny_Lenny"]And I'd be totally down if some BGGers would want to get together and do a Game Maker group to motivate, help, and critique each other's work. I made a space themed deck builder-ish card game prototype with GMS, but need some eyes on it to know what I can do to make it better.

I'd be up for this. I don't want to make a game from scratch but I did think it would be cool to automate the energy allocation and SSD's from Star Fleet Battles to iPads. At its core I think SFB is much better than anything that has come after but the spreadsheet like energy allocation scares off modern gamers. I started the project using an awkward combination of Flash & AS3 to get the interactivity I wanted, with SWIFTY export HTML5 to make it browser compatible and bypass the app store.

Very early screen shot - playing with the bidirectional messaging between the Flash layer and HTML5 layers:

That would be a great thing to have! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.