Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few years ago I saw a game that was printed on coasters in a small game or comic shop. I didn't get it, and I haven't seen it since. Does that ring any bells for anyone? It seemed like a neat idea, if the game was any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Oppelt
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Cosmic Coasters
or
Drunk Quest Expansion

?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go!Short?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skull ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AtomSmasher wrote:

The game I saw was Cosmic Coasters. Thanks!
I had no idea there was more than one game in this category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Beer & Pretzels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Partini also has coasters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Triboluminous wrote:

Looks like Skull gets the most thumbs, but the game summary page made it look like it used round cards that would be damaged by actually being used as coasters. Did I misunderstand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dommer2029 wrote:
Triboluminous wrote:

Looks like Skull gets the most thumbs, but the game summary page made it look like it used round cards that would be damaged by actually being used as coasters. Did I misunderstand?

It probably got the most thumbs as I imagine it's one of the main games most people think of when you say "beer coaster" or "beer mat" game -- which is the reason I posted it, as it was the first one I thought of too.

The cards used in Skull are very thick, and are not a million miles away from the type of beer mats you often find in pubs (in fact, given the relative simplicity of the rules, it's been known for people to play it using actual pub beer mats marked with a pen to differentiate the card types). But, yeah, they're not 'permanent' coaster types made of ceramic, wood, stone or metal (not that they couldn't be ...); but nobody said coasters had to made of those things either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you found your game, but if you're looking for a different game with the same thing (coasters) there is VivaJava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game which uses coasters too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.