Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » News

Subject: Conversation with a Retailer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw an Amazon retailer who was listing the release date as September 26th, so I sent them a message, and the results were interesting. Bear in mind that Amazon retailers are notoriously unreliable with release date information, so take this with a grain of salt.
Quote:
You recently changed the projected release date for Star Trek Ascendancy from September 15th to September 26th. Is this an official, confirmed date, or just a guess?


Quote:
According to GF9, these should be here next week but they don't have an 'official' release date per se, so we bumped the projected date just to be on the safe side. Their ship time to us is usually 6 business days and we should have some more concrete information on Thursday.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
Seems about right. For most retailers "Late September" checks out. I really wish the expansion packs came out at same time so you can have a proper epic 4X game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Seems about right. For most retailers "Late September" checks out. I really wish the expansion packs came out at same time so you can have a proper epic 4X game.


Are they coming out at different times?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
Dark63 wrote:
Seems about right. For most retailers "Late September" checks out. I really wish the expansion packs came out at same time so you can have a proper epic 4X game.


Are they coming out at different times?

Both expansions are currently listed for October by GF9. Only time will tell whether that remains true.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As of a couple of minutes ago, the release date on Amazon is now September 30th.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to a large Toronto Retail Store (401 Games) and they have no idea, only saying "soon."

I had friends that went to Gencon. I kind of wish I had given them some money now...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
I talked to a large Toronto Retail Store (401 Games) and they have no idea, only saying "soon."

I had friends that went to Gencon. I kind of wish I had given them some money now...


You should have. There were 100's of copies left when they tore down their booth.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
You should have. There were 100's of copies left when they tore down their booth.


A little salt in the old wound...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
UPDATE

Just got another email (from Little Shop of Magic, if you'd like to know):

Quote:
Good news! Just got a phone call from GF9: they are shipping us our Ascendancy today, which means we will be able to make the original 9/15 release date.
I assumed you might like to know.

So Little Shop of Magic has copies of the game inbound to them right now, and I assume other retailers will also be receiving theirs around the same time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Update to the update:

https://twitter.com/saibrock/status/774004443729756160

Additionally, my own FLGS contacted their distributor, who confirmed that GF9 hasn't yet shipped anything to anyone.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Just got another email from Little Shop of Magic...


Sounds like they were up to a little something...

Good on GF9 for setting the record straight by responding to your(?) twitter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
Novacat wrote:
Just got another email from Little Shop of Magic...


Sounds like they were up to a little something...

Good on GF9 for setting the record straight by responding to your(?) twitter.

If I had to guess, I would say they were probably just lying to try to get me to order it from them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.