$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Pillars of the Earth» Forums » General

Subject: English Board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Hall
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will someone please post a high resolution scan or picture of the English board?

Depending on how the text ends up laying out, I am considering using stickers to place directly over the German words on my copy of the game.

This will allow me to play the game without too many player aids.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaltman wrote:
Will someone please post a high resolution scan or picture of the English board?

Depending on how the text ends up laying out, I am considering using stickers to place directly over the German words on my copy of the game.

This will allow me to play the game without too many player aids.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.


Unfortunately I think that's against BGG rules. I guess people don't want this place to be a source of pirating.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Hall
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I am too honest ... but requesting a post of a picture shouldn't be against the rules.

I purchased and own the game so if I wish to treat it like a Legacy version please don't think bad of me.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:


Unfortunately I think that's against BGG rules. I guess people don't want this place to be a source of pirating.


Not sure that is true. There are already pictures of almost every language except English posted. Why would they prohibit English and not German?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Zaltman wrote:
Will someone please post a high resolution scan or picture of the English board?

Depending on how the text ends up laying out, I am considering using stickers to place directly over the German words on my copy of the game.

This will allow me to play the game without too many player aids.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.


Unfortunately I think that's against BGG rules. I guess people don't want this place to be a source of pirating.

I think BGG's policy is no 1:1 resolution scans of complete game components and I believe this is to prevent to copyright infringement issues as well as potential piracy. I think legally there is a distinction between the digital "reproduction" of a scan and the digital "representation" of a photo so I think a high resolution photo should be ok. It may also work to photograph just sections of the board that have the aforementioned text.

Now if someone wanted to take it upon themselves to photograph their own English game board and produce a sticker set to be uploaded to BGG for the specific purpose of modifying other language boards, that might also be ok.

Taking that one step further, someone with the photoshop skill (and there are many on BGG) could produce sticker sets in multiple languages; just clone away the original text and replace it with the desired language translation.

Maybe not what the OP was looking for, but it got me thinking and that's where the thought took me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaltman wrote:
Perhaps I am too honest ... but requesting a post of a picture shouldn't be against the rules.

I purchased and own the game so if I wish to treat it like a Legacy version please don't think bad of me.



Oh I certainly understand what you're doing, I'm just not sure what we're allowed to do. I'm certainly happy to take a picture of the board if that's all you need, and if I'm allowed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Hall
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I permit you to post a picture of the English game board.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.