jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You dont really think that Britain would need a wall when they have a natural water barrier, but who am I to judge.

Quote:

Britain to build 13ft high wall in Calais to block refugees from entering the UK

The UK is going to build a 13ft wall in Calais to block refugees from crossing the channel, the Government has announced.

"People are still getting through," immigration minister Robert Goodwill told the Home Affairs Select Committee.

"We have done the fence, now we are doing the wall."
The 13ft high barrier will stretch for one kilometre along the dual carriageway approaching the port.

It is designed to stop refugees from climbing into lorries and other vehicles in an attempt to enter the UK.

Mr Goodwill also said: "The security that we are putting in at the port is being stepped up with better equipment.

"We are going to start building this big new wall very soon as part of the £17million package we are doing with the French."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/britain-build...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: All and all it's just another brink in the wall to block refugees from entering.
That'll work... NOT! So the UK has delusional people too, that's good to know.

You wall lovers realize that the wall is just treating the symptom and does nothing to solve the underlying problem.

There's these things... they're called boats, I think...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: All and all it's just another brink in the wall to block refugees from entering.
They certainly seem to be on the brick of brinking up the border.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
They certainly seem to be on the brick of brinking up the border.

And you seem to be on the brink of saying something interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Is this the beginning of the unraveling of the Anglo-French Alliance?

This wall makes a lot more sense than a 1,500-mile wall on the southern border of the United States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
No it doesn't, just like the Mexicans they'll sail around it then you have to build a wall in the sea. Then they'll fly over it and the old wall will have to be extended to low orbit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Wait, a wall in Calais? Calais that's been a part of France since the Siege of 1558?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Next thing you know ICE will build a bunch of false flag 'catch and deport' Tim Horton's on the Canadian border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
rcbevco wrote:
Next thing you know ICE will build a bunch of false flag 'catch and deport' Tim Horton's on the Canadian border.

Oh the humanity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice could also set up false flag Taco Trucks they'll blend in with all the other ones on every corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Wait, a wall in Calais? Calais that's been a part of France since the Siege of 1558?

From the article:
Quote:
"We are going to start building this big new wall very soon as part of the £17million package we are doing with the French."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (Away/AFK)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Refugees (+ migrants no doubt) try to smuggle themselves into vehicles to cross the channel. There are large queues, very desperate people, people smuggling criminal groups taking advantage of the refugees and significant lapses in security.

The French security around this issue has often been difficult. Under the current Refugee crisis and questions brought up from Brexit things are particularly bad.

My country and the EU should be doing a better job to protect the rights of refugees. We should be building better infrastructure to help these people not better security to keep them in desolation. It's all pretty despicable. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Its a wall around a tunnel entrance. In another country. Across ocean.

But it will be vertical so exactly the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
No it doesn't, just like the Mexicans they'll sail around it then you have to build a wall in the sea. Then they'll fly over it and the old wall will have to be extended to low orbit.
Exactly hell it's not even that far, certainly not as far as Italy is from North Africa.

There is nothing racist about wanting to stop immigration, there is something racist when it targets one group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
Exactly hell it's not even that far, certainly not as far as Italy is from North Africa.

There is nothing racist about wanting to stop immigration, there is something racist when it targets one group.
Seas are a lot rougher and a lot colder. Lot's of traffic with realy big ships which cannot easily avoid tiny refugee boats. Not so easy to procure a boat for destitute refugees.

Some have already tried swimming, and failed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Seas are a lot rougher and a lot colder. Lot's of traffic with realy big ships which cannot easily avoid tiny refugee boats. Not so easy to procure a boat for destitute refugees.

Some have already tried swimming, and failed.
True, but they are also desperate enough to try anything (such as jumping onto moving lorries, some have tried and many have died).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
True, but they are also desperate enough to try anything (such as jumping onto moving lorries, some have tried and many have died).
It's pretty fucking awful. No argument there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCUS GABRIEL
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Five cents, please," his front door said when he tried to open it. The toll door had an innate stubborness to it... UBIK
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the French should remind Britain just how well their Maginot line worked in WWII.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MARCUSRPG wrote:
Perhaps the French should remind Britain just how well their Maginot line worked in WWII.
I think we have covered that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
MARCUSRPG wrote:

If the refugees manage to get their hands on Panzers then the shit has well and truly hit the fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
myopia wrote:
MARCUSRPG wrote:

If the refugees manage to get their hands on Panzers then the shit has well and truly hit the fan.

I'm certain Luxemburg's army will stop them in the Ardennes this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's entirely about scope. If the US needed to build a barrier as small, I'd be for it.

If their wall is going to be 1,989 miles (3,201 km) long, I'll take back my statement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Racist bastards

Actually I think the refugees are a mix of races.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Racist bastards

Actually I think the refugees are a mix of races.

Ferret

Doesn't matter. The left have told us if you favor immigration laws and walls you are racist. I'm just jumping on that bandwagon.
No, they have said that targeting specific kinds of immigrants are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.