Subject: The Night is Dark - Frostbite rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing this Objective, is the automatic Frostbite instead of the normal exposure die roll or in addition?

The former makes the killing zombies more costly but negates the chances of a bite.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am unclear on this as well, but my opinion is that the frostbite is in addition to rolling for exposure. Otherwise, I believe they would have mentioned on the card that instead of rolling for exposure, take a frostbite wound.

Considering the goal is to just survive, I think getting a frostbite INSTEAD of rolling for exposure would actually make the game too easy. Especially if you included improvements and built the fireplace. So I suspect the intent is to have exposure roll PLUS a frostbite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with that. Frostbite plus exposure roll it is then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palyed this again last night and plenty of range attack weapons (they specifically say do not roll for exposure) became available. This posed the frostbite question again.

We played no frostbite for a ranged attack. The game seemed too easy but did get very tense in the last few turns as 2 locations became overrun and medicine was in short supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.