Subject: Rules differences between final version and PnP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex A
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
I have just acquired a copy of Eight-Minute Empire in Lisbon, the rules of which is, obviously, in Portuguese. It is, as I suspected, language independent, but the only English rules PDF I can find is the PnP rules from the kickstarter. I found this thread which says that the PnP rules are accurate enough but talks about there being some differences, without elaborating on what those differences are. Instead of resurrecting the aforementioned three year old thread, I though I'd ask here - what are those differences exactly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So these are the PnP rules:

http://www.redravengames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/eigh...

1. It supports 5 players.

2. Starting coins

5p: 8
4p: 9
3p: 11
2p: 14

3. In a two player game the players take it in turns to place 10 neutral armies on the board (which count for control of regions).

4. Number of turns / cards to trigger game end is one fewer than the starting coins (so 7/8/10/13)

5. If you win the bid for first trun you may chose who goes first (it doesn't have to be you)

6. Goods tokens (optional) - place them on the regions with triangles (on per region), whoever controls that region at the end of the game has one more of that good.

7. The distribution of cards is different, that doesn't really matter from understanding the rules but some examples given in the rules like "remove two armies" do not exist.

8. Tie breaks at end of game - first most money, second most armies on the board, third most regions. (I suppose it's possible there could still be a tie but it seems unlikely!)

I think that's it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.