Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Reaser
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for drawing a card indicate that a player can have at most seven cards in hand. However, it is possible through some in-game abilities to draw cards as a fuel cell ability rather than an explicit draw action.

Does the seven card limit apply even if you gain cards due to a fuel cell ability? I figure so. If that's the case, are you just prevented from going above seven and therefore denied the fuel cell's ability to draw a card? I'm also guessing that's the case, but I wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Williamson
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haven't played it yet (just got the box today!) but I an thinking; it would require to resolve that rule at the end of the active player's turn (if still over 7 cards, discard from hand into discard pile).

Perhaps this will change under house rules when I get some gameplay in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wells
United States
flag msg tools
mb
So the only way for that to happen would be if you had 7 cards and your Deflector was destroyed or your teammate gifted you a Rift via Dark Energy.

I would play such that you are forced to choose the 'discard' option on Deflector and if you receive the Rift then the ability triggers and it would either 'fizzle' (no Nova's in play) or you are forced to destroy a Nova. That could lead to more strategic decisions (ie., giving your Rift to your opponent who has 7 in hand to force him/her to destroy their own Nova).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.