Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like reading the FAQ and some other stuff I should be limited to 2 per color for mages - but the only rule I can find regarding this has to do with drafting mages at the start of the game: "You may draft a mage from any department, but you can never draft a Mage if you already have two of its type."

This doesn't prevent me from using a supporter that allows me to spend 3 gold to get a certain color mage, from what I can see, right?

(or did I miss a rule somewhere, or does that supporter card say "draft?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
Don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm ~99% certain you can never have more than 2 of one mage type. If you would gain a mage that would cause you to have more than 2 I believe you just get a neutral mage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:
Don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm ~99% certain you can never have more than 2 of one mage type. If you would gain a mage that would cause you to have more than 2 I believe you just get a neutral mage.

I know this is the case when mages are not available in the pool. As there is a set number per player count. Though not sure about going over 2 limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:

That seems to be the consensus in the forums, but I cannot find that anywhere in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
It's in the FAQ (of the rulebook).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:
It's in the FAQ (of the rulebook).

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I even swear I thought I looked in that section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:

Just to clarify, if I have an effect that explicitly only gives green mages, but I already have two green mages, I could use that effect to get a neutral mage instead?

Along those lines, are you limited to 2 neutral mages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The restriction on mages doesn't apply to neutral mages, and any time you would gain a colored mage but already have 2 you can get a neutral mage instead, unless of course it would put you over your mage limit. (see the FAQ topic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Anciano
Philippines
flag msg tools
I don't see anything in the FAQ saying the 2 Mage limit only applies to non-Neutral mages. Or that you can get an Neutral Mage in place of a colored one.

Could you clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mochana wrote:
I don't see anything in the FAQ saying the 2 Mage limit only applies to non-Neutral mages. Or that you can get an Neutral Mage in place of a colored one.

Could you clarify?

The answers are in the base game FAQ:

-Can you have more than 2 neutral mages? Yes, since they have no power associated with them you may have more than two (usually this would only happen if a player playing a neutral character buys a neutral mage).

-If I use a Supporter that gives me a colored mage, but I already have two of that color or there are no more mages of that color, what happens? You would receive a neutral mage instead. If there are no more neutral mages, you cannot receive a mage from this Supporter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.