Subject: Dragon Shield "clear" vs. Dragon Shield "clear classic"?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any difference between these sleeves that has been officially stated? The boxes are obviously different but the sleeves themselves seem different. The regular clear are just that, clear whereas the "classic" sleeves seem to have a blueish hue to them..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably some kind of materials change that ended up with a different colour, so they marked it as a "new" colour so people would be aware and not mix'n'match sleeves that may be "marked".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for asking this question.

I also bought those sleeves at 2 different retailers and I received once clear and the other case clear classic sleeves.

I was also wondering but I couldn't find any significant difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted someone at Arcane Tinmen inquiring about this problem. I would love to copy paste the email correspondence but for some reason all the emails are missing except for my responses. No idea what happened but basically I was told that the new "blueish" sleeves are the results of a new and improved formula that increases its strength, seal, and scratch resistance.

The name change between "Clear" and "Clear Classic" is also an updated change. Pretty much what you'd expect, Clear being for the original sleeves and Clear Classic the updated (blue hue) sleeves. If I am remembering the conversation correctly, the new (blue) sleeves are going to be all they produce in the future. The "Clear" sleeves they've basically run out of inventory and are now distributing the "Clear Classic".

This email back and forth went on over the course of a month so details are a bit hazy as they came in slowly. I do remember that the customer service rep was a real joy and really seemed like she bent over backwards getting answers for me. I really wish I had the emails in tact so I could show you exactly what she said.

All in all I can't really complain about receiving a better product going forward. Just wish we were all alerted is all as it was a bit of a "what the heck" moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.