Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be dumb but I can't find a post on it...

Why the different colours of resources? What difference does it make whether you trade in Water (blue) or Food (green)? Some planet let you choose your resource type: why is that important? Is it just because some resource types might get "used up" if other players are hoarding them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of technologies where it matters. Going from memory, one that gives you a bonus for different resources and one where you get a bonus for multiples of the same type. But most of the time, it doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
There are a couple of technologies where it matters. Going from memory, one that gives you a bonus for different resources and one where you get a bonus for multiples of the same type. But most of the time, it doesn't matter.

Chris is correct, the resources are equivalent, really just a reflection of the planet type they come from.

I could have made them all generic resources, but then I'd be fielding questions as to why Advanced planets make the same stuff as Metallic planets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I recall the Tech that gives you bonus points when you trade in resources of different types. That makes sense now! Great. Also, yes, I guess it themes the game better.

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.