Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Uncovering the Truth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
New article!

This one's all about the campaign mode, and it comes with a link to the PDF campaign log as well. This article confirms that the first scenario has four different endings, and the second has two (though certain enemies that survive the second can come back to haunt you in the third).

Other highlights:
Not all high-level cards are upgrades; some have no level zero versions at all.
Investigators can be killed/driven irrevocably mad (most obviously by having so much trauma that their initial health/sanity is zero, but the article leaves open the possibility for scenario-specific effects).
The log has a section for "Earned Story Assets/Weaknesses."
New cards:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ravenous Ghoul card really shows how much wasted space there is with the art being squished to the bottom. Otherwise, I like the card design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daisy looks awesome as always. I love that her weakness is the necronomicon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so hyped for this. The campaign mode sounds like so much fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Campaign mode has me jumping out of my pants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this lives up to the hype! Every preview makes it sound better and better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-Bit Bastard
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
“That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so ready for this game to come out! I can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thematic campaign mode, story-driven scenarios, multiple scenario outcomes, choices, and future effects, trauma, upgrading deck, etc are going to make this game both amazing and unique and not just another deck builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
The update I've been waiting for:
Quote:

Each game, each scenario, allows you to adventure into mystery and the occult. But your investigations in the Arkham LCG® don't necessarily end at the completion of your adventure. As likely as not, they'll reveal new layers of a larger mystery that slip and slide away from you as you attempt to grasp them. You won't be done yet. You'll need to reach after these elusive bits of knowledge, setting out upon new adventures… While you can enjoy Arkham LCG as a series of isolated adventures, the core (and recommended) experience of this game is campaign play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So does that third card in the OP's spoiler tag come with ammo I wonder or do you have to play that, then dig for ammo to use on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darby Harris
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
So does that third card in the OP's spoiler tag come with ammo I wonder or do you have to play that, then dig for ammo to use on it.

When you play a weapon / item with 'uses', it gets the listed number of uses, to use it beyond that you would need to add uses to it by some other card effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anemone1777 wrote:
coyotemoon722 wrote:

When you play a weapon / item with 'uses', it gets the listed number of uses, to use it beyond that you would need to add uses to it by some other card effect.

Yeah so in this instance it comes with 2 ammo (the action says use 1 ammo to gain the benefits each time) and after that you would need to "reload" it with more ammo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hands down this is my most anticipated game of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question now is, will our previous characters be able to move on to a new scenario or are new ones needed for each new scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand characters carry over from scenario to scenario within a campaign but FFG recommend using a new character, ie one that hasn't "leveled-up", when starting a campaign,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I find it amusing that Extra Ammo can be committed to boost an Intellect check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamedog wrote:

I find it amusing that Extra Ammo can be committed to boost an Intellect check.

Coming prepared is smart whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
The question now is, will our previous characters be able to move on to a new scenario or are new ones needed for each new scenario?

You have pics from the rulebook detailing exactly this in this link: http://imgur.com/a/SnE4w

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man they are really slow rolling me on the Mystic cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
dorktron2000 wrote:
The Ravenous Ghoul card really shows how much wasted space there is with the art being squished to the bottom. Otherwise, I like the card design.

The enemy cards have more card space devoted to the art then the asset cards do so your point is nonsensical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Howsare
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
FellintoOblivion wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

The enemy cards have more card space devoted to the art then the asset cards do so your point is nonsensical.

No, it isn't.
1) The asset cards we've seen so far tend to have more information on them than the enemy cards, so there's a reason for them to have less space for art.
2) Card A having wasted space doesn't mean that card B does NOT have wasted space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vlad3theimpaler wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

No, it isn't.
1) The asset cards we've seen so far tend to have more information on them than the enemy cards, so there's a reason for them to have less space for art.
2) Card A having wasted space doesn't mean that card B does NOT have wasted space.

Agreed. While I love the general direction of the graphic design, the choice taken for the enemy cards is a little unfortunate. Another problem is the fact that the narrower part of the upper border obstructs the main focal point. Bit of a shame when the artwork itself is so impressive.

That being said, my overall excitement level for this game is still bordering on being unable to eat or sleep until I pick up a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i like the innovative design of cards, avoiding the omnipresent magic standard design. also, the art deco style is very beautiful.

for innovative aesthetic design of cards, i hope to see a "mr. robot" card game. that framing... that framing... wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wallace-Moyer
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:

It is wasted space on the ravenous ghoul, but if you look at some of the other enemies they've semi-spoiled like Yithian Observer and Hunting Nightgaunt, those are pretty text heavy enemies. My guess is once we get past the first scenario, with simpler enemies, we will see a lot more text-heavy enemies who have special rules (especially if we ever see any of the Ancient Ones as enemies, since they likely will have rules about how we can or cannot attack them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an FFG LCG, so it doesn't really matter where the art goes or how big it is, eventually it will be covered up by a pile of some kind of token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.