Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: New scenarios September 15th? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the Recurring Nightmares and Subversive Memories expansions have been on FFG's "shipping now" list for a week or so. I noticed that CSI just changed their listings for these items today to say they're going to be in stock on September 15. They used to say "4th Quarter." So, I would say that it's a pretty good bet we will have two new scenarios around this time next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
$42.49 for 6 tiles and some figures? yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Chabster wrote:

There are more than 6 tiles in each. I'm not saying it's amazing value but 6 is not an accurate number. There are 15 tiles in one and 17 in the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chabster wrote:

And a new scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chabster wrote:

An even bigger ripoff than Dominion, that just comes with some cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lindberg
Sweden
lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a lot of tiles actually and quite a lot of figures + a free scenario

aint such a bad deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E.

Virginia
msg tools
mb
Chabster wrote:

You are horrifically wrong.

The expansion that covers 1st edition base has 15 double sided tiles, 8 investigators, and some of the most iconic monsters.

The expansion that covers both 1st edition expansions has 17 double sided tiles, 8 investigators, and some less exciting monsters admittedly.

Why would spread misinformation about the amount of tiles? Why do so many people responding take that at face value?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will witean

Colorado
msg tools
It looks like its the same stuff as in the first edition of the game.
or the into the wild expansion.

I have to agree 50 bucks is pricey.
And the monster figures we some times don't even use because they keep falling off the base and are a bit of a pain to use.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first expansion is everything from the first edition MOM that is usable in the second addition. tiles, investigators and monsters.

The second expansion will be all the usable stuff from the two big box expansions of first's edition Call of the Wild & Forbidden Alchemy.

This is to let those that never bought the first edition to catch up to the rest of us. All you are not getting from the original 1st ed. stuff is a bunch of cards and some tokens and puzzle pieces. I don't think it's a bad price at all, but you certainly have the option to not buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what should I add to my order, to go with these 2 expansions, to get myself free shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
spotH3D wrote:

Why would spread misinformation about the amount of tiles? Why do so many people responding take that at face value?

In fairness I don't think he was deliberately giving misinformation. He was probably going by the preview images on FFG's website, which only show a small sample of the tiles: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/12/a-horro...

But yes, it's a good object lesson in actually reading the article, not just glancing at the pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
blimey wrote:
It looks like its the same stuff as in the first edition of the game.
or the into the wild expansion.

I have to agree 50 bucks is pricey.
And the monster figures we some times don't even use because they keep falling off the base and are a bit of a pain to use.

goo

Less pricey than buying the $80+ core game now and just throwing away the cards

And in response to the monsters falling off? Superglue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thief Mnemonic

Texas
msg tools
mb
Hillean wrote:

I thought there were two expansions arriving. With each running for 40+ bucks that 80+ core box is almost on par.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
ThiefMnemonic wrote:
Hillean wrote:

I thought there were two expansions arriving. With each running for 40+ bucks that 80+ core box is almost on par.

The first $40 expansion has the contents of the $80 1st edition core box (price is usually much more as sold out)

The other $40 expansion has the contents of both the 1st edition expansion boxes (these are long since sold out and go for a lot more than $80 combined).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wait, so these expansions include all the cards, tokens and scenarios that come with the original core game and two expansions?

Nah, however way you want to roll this, the value stinks (which is why a good number of people are complaining).

I liked the 1st edition (although setup sucked) and I like the app format as shown in Descent. However, there's far too many great games out there fighting for both my time and money to sign up to this potential money sink.

I'm voting with my wallet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
Nah, however way you want to roll this, the value stinks (which is why a good number of people are complaining).

Nothing to roll, value is completely subjective. I find great value in this, for now and for future scenarios. Even though I own everything 1st Ed, I'm voting with my wallet and picking up these too.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
Wait, so these expansions include all the cards, tokens and scenarios that come with the original core game and two expansions?

I liked the 1st edition (although setup sucked) and I like the app format as shown in Descent. However, there's far too many great games out there fighting for both my time and money to sign up to this potential money sink.

I'm voting with my wallet.

If I had to break it down, I'd say your $40 is a better value with the expansion. For this $40 you're getting the miniatures, the tiles and the heroes. I wouldnt pay another $40 for tokens that are already in the base game, cards and some scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dylan benton
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I already own the first edition will I be able to purchase the expansion scenarios separately in the app or will I have to buy a bunch of physical components I already own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
dylectric wrote:
If I already own the first edition will I be able to purchase the expansion scenarios separately in the app or will I have to buy a bunch of physical components I already own?

The app will update itself, just be sure to select the 1st edition things you already own and when they become available it'll update without having to purchase.

Buying the next expansion is only needed for those who dont own MoM 1st edition, the 2nd expansion for those who dont have MoM 1st edition expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the price is subjective. I love this game and will definitely be buying both expansions. The actual cost per game session will, in my case, be quite low, although it will not be the same for everyone.
Better to pay a lot for a game that actually gets played than one that just sits there on the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
shnar wrote:

Nothing to roll, value is completely subjective. I find great value in this, for now and for future scenarios. Even though I own everything 1st Ed, I'm voting with my wallet and picking up these too.

-shnar

Why are you telling us this? To communicate to us you have the disposable income to waste money on things you already have? Good for you. Some people want value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

Why are you telling us this? To communicate to us you have the disposable income to waste money on things you already have? Good for you. Some people want value.

Um, did you seriously just ask that question? I responded to a post explaining that I find great value in the expansions, so much that even though I own 1st Ed, I'm still going to pick them up (main reason is cuz I don't want to separate my 1st Ed components, I'd rather have a complete 1st Ed, and a complete 2nd Ed). "Some people want value." Yes, the expansion has value. Got a problem with that?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also, some have wanted additional figures to be able to paint. This is a way to buy more figures that aren't pre-painted.

It would be a consideration for people using them in other games (namely Arkham Horror as I find the figures not to be practical in Eldritch Horror - except for investigator figures).

It's true, that most will not go this route (or bought as a second set so as not to have to split up 1st and 2nd edition contents), but having that option is always nice for those that wish it.

I'm not going to complain about costs as I've spent more on their pre-painted figures than I'd like to admit, but I don't regret it (as Arkham Horror is my favorite game so I get plenty of use out of them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
JJWonderboy wrote:

Nah, if you want the minis, the value is phenomenal. FFG haven't sold boxes with this many minis in this cheaply since the first edition Descent base box. If you're after a bunch of neat Lovecraft minis (on annoyingly big bass) to use with all the Arkham games, they're great value. If you don't, they're not worth it.

Not that it should be surprising that a big box of minis is of best value to people who want a big box of minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
dylectric wrote:

From today's update on the FFG website:

"The Dearly Departed and Cult of Sentinel Hill scenarios will be available for play in the Mansions of Madness app. Owners of either Mansions of Madness First Edition or the Recurring Nightmares collection will be able to play Dearly Departed, while Cult of Sentinel Hill will be playable to owners of the original Call of the Wild expansion or the Suppressed Memories collection. The Forbidden Alchemy expansion is not required to play Cult of Sentinel Hill, though owners of that expansion will have access to one additional map variation on top of those based on Call of the Wild components."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.