Dystopian Dreamer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see if you have to use the full movement of a train ticket explicitly stated anywhere, the rules just say that you use the white number for white routes and the yellow number for yellow/combination routes. Can you jump off at any station in between or are you stuck on an express train that doesn't have time to stop at the milk run cities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian Dreamer wrote:
I don't see if you have to use the full movement of a train ticket explicitly stated anywhere, the rules just say that you use the white number for white routes and the yellow number for yellow/combination routes. Can you jump off at any station in between or are you stuck on an express train that doesn't have time to stop at the milk run cities?

It is up to as stated in the section on railway movement on page 11 of the reference guide.

Quote:
After spending a ticket token, the hunter can move to a city that is up to a number of railways away from his current location equal to the number on the spent ticket token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dystopian Dreamer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Michaels
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right...and the rule we missed was that a yellow number can be used for yellow and white tracks. And I interpret that has a Yellow 2 can be used for 1 move on a yellow track and one move on a white track. Helps when crossing in the middle of the board, but comes in to play only occasionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joekeck
United States
jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
al_fredo wrote:
Right...and the rule we missed was that a yellow number can be used for yellow and white tracks. And I interpret that has a Yellow 2 can be used for 1 move on a yellow track and one move on a white track. Helps when crossing in the middle of the board, but comes in to play only occasionally.

correct interpretation
and the 2nd edition rules were nice enough to mention the thematic reason: eastern Europe had a crappy rail system in this time period
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marsh
msg tools
DaveD wrote:
Dystopian Dreamer wrote:

It is up to as stated in the section on railway movement on page 11 of the reference guide.

Quote:
After spending a ticket token, the hunter can move to a city that is up to a number of railways away from his current location equal to the number on the spent ticket token.

Still confused by this as I thought the two qualifications went hand in hand " up to" and "equal". So, to move to a location two railways away you need a 2 ticket? You are moving up to 2 which is equal to the number on the ticket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Vespasian28 wrote:
DaveD wrote:
Dystopian Dreamer wrote:

Quote:

Still confused by this as I thought the two qualifications went hand in hand " up to" and "equal". So, to move to a location two railways away you need a 2 ticket? You are moving up to 2 which is equal to the number on the ticket.

You are correct, this is the most common interpretation. However it is not uncommon to explicitly state 'up to and including...' for clarity.

In this case it would make no sense if it wasn't inclusive, as there are '1' tickets IIRC, and if it wasn't inclusive those wouldn't get you anywhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vespasian28 wrote:
DaveD wrote:
Dystopian Dreamer wrote:

Quote:

I think it helps if you make it more of a mathematical formula.

Below I have replaced the words "a number of" with "X."

Quote:
"After spending a ticket token, the hunter can move to a city that is up to X railways away from his current location..."

So what is X? That's the next part of the sentence.
Quote:
"...which is equal to the number on the spent ticket token."

So X is equal to the number listed on the token. Thus, if the ticket shows a 2, then the hunter can move to a city that is up to 2 railways away from his current location. That would include cities that are 1 railway away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.