Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of us here believe that this game will not get any expansions in it's current form. I love the mechanics and how the game plays. I'd really love to see another incarnation of the game with another theme if we can't see more of it as Warhammer Quest. Maybe we'll see something like Runebound Quest: The Adventure Card Game.

I figure that the system has alot of potential but it needs to be packaged in a new setting. It will likely be something that FFG already owns themselves or owns the rights to.

Runebound Quest
Star Wars Quest
Arkham Quest
Lord of the Rings Quest
anything else?

I'm not too fond of the Terrinoth setting but I would take it with these mechanics because I like them so much. Lords of the Rings is both my favorite idea and also the least likely, I think. The currently Lord of the Rings LCG is too similiar. I just hate the mechanics of the current LCG. I kind of hoped that the new Arkham card game would be doing this but that doesn't seem to be the case now that we've seen more of it.

I don't really see any reason why FFG couldn't use Star Wars to retheme this game. I kind of prefer fantasy but maybe the sci fi setting would bring in more players.

I'd even be interested in hearing people's off-the-wall ideas like things that FFG doesn't own the rights to. I'd love to see this themed for Dungeons and Dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also sort of think Arkham is their attempt at addressing this game. It seems sort of halfway between this and LotR. Now that you've seen more of it, what makes you think its not filling this niche?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solsumo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound Quest would be my choice.

I'd take a Star Wars one too. I just feel like there are lots of good Star Wars games out at the moment.

The LOTR LCG scratches that itch for me. There are lots of coop Lovecraft games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Calder
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Hebert
Canada
Granby
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica Quest....or even Doom Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics Quest is my off the wall idea.

Otherwise, I'd prefer Runebound Quest, especially if the art style matched so people could combine it with Warhammer Quest, assuming they aren't bothered by mixing universes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stapleton
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see more expansions for this. Runebound would be my choice. I really like the fantasy theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmmh might i dare say... Mage Knight Quest ?

-tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solsumo wrote:
Runebound Quest would be my choice.

I'd take a Star Wars one too. I just feel like there are lots of good Star Wars games out at the moment.

The LOTR LCG scratches that itch for me. There are lots of coop Lovecraft games.

I agree, Star Wars has reached its saturation point. Enough already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound Quest seems like the most logical choice. It would be the easiest to adapt the system to and allow them to infinitely expand on the system without worrying about any licensing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Buffy Quest.

That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aReclusiveMind wrote:
Runebound Quest seems like the most logical choice. It would be the easiest to adapt the system to and allow them to infinitely expand on the system without worrying about any licensing.

Just my opinion and I'm not a business license expert by any means but it struck me as odd they put it into the WH license rather than their own Runebound universe.

Did they actually expect to generate that many more game sales by virtue of it being in the WH universe? Enough to offset the expense of the license?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Robrob wrote:

Did they actually expect to generate that many more game sales by virtue of it being in the WH universe? Enough to offset the expense of the license?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:

The recent success of the Total War: Warhammer game on PC has proven that the Warhammer fantasy license can be valuable. Unfortunately Fantasy Flight failed to take advantage of all it had to offer and then seemingly lost the rights to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Nicholas
msg tools
I think a great theme for this game could be any of the following:

- Warcraft ACG
- Final Fantasy ACG
- Marvel/DC ACG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick P.
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a retheme with a steampunk setting where players fight clockwork robots, steampowered mechs or genetically modified animals and the nemesis is a mad scientist who created them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really a fan of Terrinoth either, it doesn't even begin to excite me.

I like the suggestion for Warcraft, I think that would work really well with plenty of classes, lots of dungeons and raids to explore... but with any external liscence they run the risk of what might be happening with WQ happening again.

Shadowrun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G N
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be happy with a Runebound version of the game as I prefer a fantasy setting even if it isn't the deepest setting.

I would accept a Star Wars version but that IP has more than enough going on.

Dream of dreams would be to see Fantasy Flight acquire all the rights to Dragonlance (since WOTC/Hasbro don't seem to want to do anything with it). Would love to play the Heroes of the Lance using this game system.

Edit: When I say acquire all the rights I really mean acquire the IP so we don't find ourselves in the situation we are in now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow dragonlance would be an awesome ip for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
How about if GW bought the licence to the game and printed it in house and it remained Warhammer Quest? Might seem unlikely but then again, GW are paying a lot more attention to board games at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't there a Terrinoth based card game? Was it a deckbuilder? Rune Agem Rune Wars, Rune Bound, Rune Something? Was that a thing? I get them all mixed up. Some variation on Rune Quest is my choice. Take the exact same mechanics as WHQACG and put it in Terrinoth. Use the characters from Runwhatever Third Edition that just came out. Build onto it with new places and characters. Go nuts. Ditch Warhammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Wasn't there a Terrinoth based card game? Was it a deckbuilder? Rune Agem Rune Wars, Rune Bound, Rune Something? Was that a thing? I get them all mixed up. Some variation on Rune Quest is my choice. Take the exact same mechanics as WHQACG and put it in Terrinoth. Use the characters from Runwhatever Third Edition that just came out. Build onto it with new places and characters. Go nuts. Ditch Warhammer.

Yeah, Rune Age. It's a basic deck builder. Little stood out about it to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Watson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. If FFG can no longer produce anything for this game using the Warhammer IP, I would like to see it re-themed so we can get a little more content for this game system.

I love both the Star Wars and LoTR settings (and many of the games that FFG has produced for those lines), but I'm not sure they'd be a great fit for this design. I would think that such a re-skin would need to use the heroes from those sagas, as playing with generic Rebel troopers or Gondorian spearmen doesn't sound too appealing. That might pose problems. For example, which LoTR characters would make it into the game? Would his father's lightsaber be one of the legendary fortunes for Luke Skywalker?

I think what I like about the game is it is pretty much a simple, generic dungeon crawl with stereotypical generic characters. And the fantasy theme seems just right. I know next to nothing about the Terrinoth setting, but it's essentially FFG's own generic and stereotypical fantasy world, right? That would seem to be the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Russell
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there could be mileage in the Runebound Quest ACG given the rise in popularity of Descent following the app release, plus Runebound 3rd is relatively new and growing, and they are releasing a Runewars miniatures game in Terrinoth early next year. So they have a solid place to work from.

If they are looking to continue to build up the brand of the world then a card game may be the answer. Given WQACG was popular and people own it, the question is whether a re-skinned version would actually get going.

Maybe the Arkham LCG is the current replacement step, it certainly captures some of the ideas of WQACG.

In hindsight it would have been better for them to have skinned the game in Runebound in the first place and not be subject to licences, it could have grown up alongside the others quite nicely. If the forthcoming miniatures games takes off then Runebound and Terrinoth as a brand may viably compete or replace Warhammer Fantasy, given GW largely killed the roots off for Age of Sigmar anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My vote goes to the Terrinoth setting. They have tons of heroes, countless artwork, and a general fantasy setting, so it would be very easy to reskin the game.

As for Star Wars or LOTR, I'm not too hyped with playing the usual well-known characters of those settings. It's not really interesting to play with Luke Skywalker or Gandalf, I know their story, so if FFG goes that way, I really hope they'll design some original new faces.

Also, I'm pretty sure this won't happen, but I would pay serious amount of money for a crime solving co-op Android card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.