United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the "Standard" rules section, it says that you only use the Common Cards from the Base Set.
But then just under the instructions for building a Faction Deck, it says to include Common Cards from the used faction.

I've heard elsewhere that the latest "Standard" rules say that you only use the original 84 Common Cards from the base game.
So I'm assuming this paragraph was just accidentally left in from earlier iterations of the rules?
Or did I miss something?

Still trying to figure out my own house rules in between Open and Standard.. Don't want total chaos, but don't want 50+ cards to sit in the box doing nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think part of the confusion is the formatting of the rules - it goes from looking at the formats of play straight into deck construction without any clear division, and leaves the impression that the construction rules apply to standard. My understanding is that they apply to both Open & Standard, and hence why there is contradiction of the rules, and I assume that only open uses the extra common cards now, while standard just uses the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
But the rules for "Open" say "Use Everything" and the rules for "Standard" stay "Use just these things." I still think it's a leftover editing error.

But I am certainly curious if the Aztecs expansion is going to update the Standard Rules even more, to at least differentiate between "additional Faction expansions" and "Empire packs".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.