Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new Ben-Hur movie and all, it seems appropriate to get this classic game back on the table. It's a little clunky and will have some rule look-ups and chart consultations, but remains second to none for chariot race games (and as far as I know is the original). Not exactly a wargame, but definitely for the wargamer. Design your own chariot and then finesse, flog and ram your way to victory in 3 laps. Last two games I played, the "frontrunner" got dragged across the finish line while losing his last hit point.

The game plays up to 8 people. I'll plan on showing up at That Game Place (Lemoyne PA) at 10:30 and will go through the rules at 11:00. If you wish to play, please send me a personal message through BGG mail for details.

The game lasts 2-3 hours (or maybe 10 minutes for the guy with the light chariot .... ha!). Those who are eliminated may want to plan on playing some other ancient oriented games ... backgammon, mancala, Julius Caesar. I will also bring Ancient Wars to teach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you have a great time! Please provide us with a session report!

Finishing an 8 player game in 2-3 hours seems fantastic - that would usually take us an entire day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump, bump.

Hey Tom, how many do you think we'll have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we should have 6 or 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick summary of the event ... we had 6 players and one observer. There were 2 light, 2 medium and 2 heavy chariots. First place went to the lightest and fastest. One of the lights took out a medium with a whip attack to the driver causing a swerve into the outer wall. It took about 20-30 minutes to go through the rules, and there were generally few questions during play. Everybody seemed to enjoy the game and there were requests to play it again soon.

For anybody reading this who can make it to the Harrisburg area, feel free to check out or join our guild or send a geek mail.

Central PA Wargamers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Id have thought there would be more carnage. Still, I think I had the right idea going with the heavy, but I would certainly invest in faster horses over endurance next time.

Thanks for setting this up, it was fun even if I was a distant fifth place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.