Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope someone can help!

Yaddithian - "When dies, attacker gain treasure."
Q - Do I draw one treasure card or is this like the treasure chest: draw two, keep one. (We played take one.)

Pulse Grenade - "attack 3 to adjacent units."
Q - If other explorers and I are adjacent to the target, do we get attacked? Or do just other monsters get attacked. (We took the collateral damage.)

Chapter card: Trail of blood move 4 spaces.
Q Moving three spaces took me to an unexplored edge. Can move on to the next board with the fourth move? Normally it takes 2 stamina to explore a new tile, but the chapter card did not give us 4 stamina, it let us move four squares. (We played RAW and moved four squares.)

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
I hope someone can help!

Q - Do I draw one treasure card or is this like the treasure chest: draw two, keep one. (We played take one.)

We played Yaddithian the same way, just drew one card.

Q - If other explorers and I are adjacent to the target, do we get attacked? Or do just other monsters get attacked. (We took the collateral damage.)

Yes, it will hit the adjacent explorers. It mentions "units", not "Monsters"...plus, it's a grenade

Q Moving three spaces took me to an unexplored edge. Can move on to the next board with the fourth move? Normally it takes 2 stamina to explore a new tile, but the chapter card did not give us 4 stamina, it let us move four squares. (We played RAW and moved four squares.)

If the movement places you in the "doorway" of the tile, then yes it will move you to the next tile, but if you just slam into the wall then you just slam into the wall.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilic
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

A: You resolve gain treasure ability which states that you draw two and keep one.

As Sean correctly explained: "Yes, it will hit the adjacent explorers. It mentions "units", not "Monsters"...plus, it's a grenade "

Again Sean explained it correctly:
"If the movement places you in the "doorway" of the (already explored) tile, then yes it will move you to the next tile, but if you just slam into the wall then you just slam into the wall."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, Juraj. I totally mangled that reply...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Juraj!

I think the answer to last question was not the answer to my question. I'll improve my question (italics): I went to the opening in the middle of the edge, not a wall. But Juraj answered for moving to an explored tile. I am about to enter an unexplored tile. I have use bold on some key elements:

Q Moving three spaces took me to the opening in the middle of an unexplored edge. Can I move on to the next board, which is currently unexplored/not placed, with the fourth move? Normally it takes 2 stamina to explore a new tile, but the chapter card did not give us 4 stamina, it let us move four squares. (We played RAW and moved four squares.)

Quote:
Again Sean explained it correctly:
"If the movement places you in the "doorway" of the (already explored) tile, then yes it will move you to the next tile, but if you just slam into the wall then you just slam into the wall."

Juraj, it looks like your answer is for moving on to an explored tile, but that was not the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my own answer. What we did was wrong - the 2 stamina to explore a new tile does not include moving onto it. Clearly the explore action has nothing to do with moving, so if you are granted move (4 move in this case) the move cannot be used to explore a new tile.

Explore first, then move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.