Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Dalton
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got the game, but unfortunately I only got 5 liberal policy tiles! Replacements aren't due until late October, but I want to get this to table right away. If I just pull a fascist tile (so we have 5 liberal and 10 fascist) and make sure everybody knows the distribution, will the game still work OK? I assume it will, but I've never played before. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
Striton wrote:
Finally got the game, but unfortunately I only got 5 liberal policy tiles! Replacements aren't due until late October, but I want to get this to table right away. If I just pull a fascist tile (so we have 5 liberal and 10 fascist) and make sure everybody knows the distribution, will the game still work OK? I assume it will, but I've never played before. Thanks!
Nope. Liberals need 5 policies in order to win. If you're missing one from the game, it means they need to be lucky enough to draw that specific tile in order to win. Yes, they have veto powers, but that sometimes fails when they're looking for two tiles, and wouldn't work if you're looking for one specific one.

Also, playing with 15 total tiles allows the table to figure out a lot more about who might have been lying, and mathematically prove certain people's teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Dalton
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I guess I'm going to have to destroy the aesthetics and break out the index cards Disappointing, but crap happens. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Striton wrote:
Then I guess I'm going to have to destroy the aesthetics and break out the index cards Disappointing, but crap happens. Thanks!

I would make proxys to create the draw deck (with the correct amounts), and use the original ones on the policy tracker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.