Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
6 cost, Spirit. 2.3.2.5 Sentinel. Dunedain Ranger Noble

The first player gains control of Aragorn.

Aragorn has 4 restricted slots.

Lower the cost to play attachments on Aragorn by 1. Lower the cost to play artifacts by 2.

If Aragorn leaves play, the players lose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
like Liam Neeson.

Though seriously that's hard. Ally Aragorn should be a very significant effect. Something on the level of ally Faramir. I feel like it should be something that emphasizes his position as chieftain of the Dúnedain. Maybe a neutral ally card with targeted resource generation just for purchasing Dúnedain trait cards like Treebeard's ability. Maybe with some sort of Dúnedain ready effect with a target buff. Something like spend a resource on Aragorn to ready a target Dúnedain character. That character get's +1 attack (or +1 defense). That would be pretty cool. Not sure how much it should cost since that sounds pretty powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mistertrench wrote:

Lower the cost to play attachments on Aragorn by 1. Lower the cost to play artifacts by 2.

I love this. I'm really hoping some kind of card makes it into the game that increases a character's restricted slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:
mistertrench wrote:

I love this. I'm really hoping some kind of card makes it into the game that increases a character's restricted slots.

I'm much more interested in the Ally that makes the players lose if it leaves game. I think that's an awesome risk to add to an inherently super powerful card, to add some decision making as to when is the best time to play him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Great ideas all, keep them coming. BTW, this thread is spurred by the fact that we've gotten and are grtting ally versions of popular heroes but no Aragorn ally yet (sure, no Fatty, Merry, Pippin, or Frodo yet either). I really like the idea of building a deck with an Aragorn ally built up into a quasi 4th (or actual with Sword Thain) hero.

The resource generation like Treebeard or Radagast is a neat idea, I like the "leaves play lose game" risk-reward notion, too. One necessity (IMO at any rate) is a neutral sphere, though, so it can go in any deck.
Maybe:
6C neutral
Aragorn collects 1 resource each resource phase.
Planning Action: name leadership, tactic, spirit, or lore. Until the end of the phase Aragorn may pay for ally cards from that sphere.
Action: Pay 2 resources from Aragorn's pool to ready any ally.
Forced: if Aragorn leaves play, the players lose the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
popular heroes...

John85 wrote:
no Fatty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:
mistertrench wrote:

I think the Restricted thing is interesting as well, thanks. Since core, we've seen only a few objective-attachments that interacted with it at all, and now with Raiment of War FFG has brought in a somewhat-interesting card that deals with it. Raiment and Defender of Rammas or another Warrior ally like that red Rohan sentinel guy can make a pretty potent little ally.

A skill attachment would make sense to increase slots, but I confess I sort of imagined a new Gimli would get some sort of restricted perk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.