Subject: Frequency of tags / tile placement cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Imershein
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Has anyone counted up the total number of "tags" across all the cards (basic and corporate era separately)?

I would love to see a reference sheet with a symbol glossary similar to what is towards the back of the rulebook, combined with a relative frequency ratio, and possibly descriptions of special ways to score VPs with those tags / resources / tiles:

[ Building tag icon browntaj: ] - Building: This project involves construction on Mars. Steel may be used to pay for this card. Special VPs: Builder Milestone. Frequency: 48 / 167 basic tags, 62 / 223 with corporate era.

[ City tile placement icon H ] - Place a city tile (not next to another city tile) with 1 of your owner markers. Scores 1 VP for owner for each adjacent greenery of any player (No greenery = 0 VP). Special VPs: Mayor Milestone. Also counts toward Landlord Award. Frequency: 14 / 123 basic cards, 18 / 185 with corporate era.

The frequency ratios would be very useful, to help decide if it is worth paying for the card that gives you bonuses for cities (uncommon, but several) or for Jovian tag symbols (rather rare).

Of course my frequency numbers above are completely made up.

Anyone know the actual numbers (or want to count them )?

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had considered making one. If others are interested, I could find the time for it in the next day or three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Imershein
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was hoping that maybe Jacob or Enoch might already have a list from playtesting and balancing during development / production / proofing, but it shouldn't be too hard to generate... just a bit time-consuming and perhaps a little error-prone. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chreotho wrote:
I was hoping that maybe Jacob or Enoch might already have a list from playtesting and balancing during development / production / proofing, but it shouldn't be too hard to generate... just a bit time-consuming and perhaps a little error-prone. :-)

Hello guys, we don't have any such list prepared, so feel free to make one, if you like. Things like this, and the formula by which we calculate the cost of the cards, are things players will have to figure out for themselves...

You get a feeling for the tags if you played a few times. You know that space is very common, but jovian is harder to find and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a count of tags and few other things, but have yet to type it up yet. I'll probably scan the tag artwork/descriptions from the rule book, assuming that's allowed. I'll likely post something graphical but not particularly pretty later this week.

The count is error-prone, but I think most of the numbers I have will be correct or very close (after having checked and reconciled my counts). If there's anything really specific you'd like to see let me know. So far, I think I've got the number of each tag, counts of each of the Science tag requirements, number of cards that change each global parameter, numbers of cards that remove plants, or do something with microbes/animals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Imershein
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I typed this in last night, but BGG went down briefly and didn't save it. [ Next time I'll copy/paste from elsewhere ]

Here's what I came up with in the regular (non-Corporate Era) cards:

Tile placement:

14 ocean placement cards (with 3 double oceans) = 17 "free" oceans from cards (not counting 1 or 2 blue action cards that give a discounted action to place an ocean)

11 city placement cards (including Capital)

3 Greenery placement cards

6 "other" special tile placement cards (not counting Capital)

In Corporate Era:

+1 city card
+4 specials
+0 oceans

I only counted a couple of tags (~12 science tags and ~6 Jovian tags in regular cards), so I'll wait for Jeff's list.

[Unless the designers would prefer that we do not publicly post a detailed list, to encourage players to "discover" the relative frequencies on their own.]

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.