BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: paying for game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Allen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I have recently ordered a game from a boardgamegeek user and was told that instructions would be sent as to how to pay. All I was told was use paypal.
Then I got to a window with boardgame geek acct. address and the person's user name. No instructions. Well, nobody really believes that paypal is as easy as it claims, do they? Anyway I have tried twice to send to send a payment. On the 2nd time I clicked on the user name of that aforementioned window. Well the payment, according to my receipt, went to some boardgame geek account, no mention of the user, the link to details told me nothing. Next few days, I receive a message stating "order cancelled due to lack of payment." So, I will now have to go to the bank and see if I got my money back. In the meantime I can only assume that someone has my 25 dollars, and I have nothing. As far as me getting the game, doesn't matter. Seems it is no longer available. Gamegeek, Thank you for your cooperation. Perhaps I can find it somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact PayPal with details of what happened and they will refund the money back to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you get payment instructions from a seller, they should give you an email address. When you go to PayPal and select Send Money, there's a space to enter the email address, and then the amount. Some people also have a PayPal.me link (PayPal.me/indigopotter) that you can click (and sometimes they might even pre-fill the amount for you to save you a step). But most times, it's the old-fashioned way.

For the payment that you made, if you believe it was made to BGG, you can contact the Community Manager with information (date, your info, etc) and he may be able to help sort it out:

Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.