Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Netrunner competitively from a few months after release until about two years ago when I "retired." Now, I'm considering getting back in casually with my wife who has shown interest. I've got a core and a few data packs and have sleeves all of the cards with clear Ultra Pros. Back when I used to play, I sleeved with opaque Ultra Pros so that I could play with alternate art cards. However, I no longer have any AA cards (sold them all) and really don't plan to get any.

Is there any reason that I really should use opaque sleeves if I don't plan to play with alternate art cards? Is there any risk that the backs of future printings might be a slightly different shade (like AA cards)? I really prefer the look and feel of clear (I like seeing the back art). But I don't want to sleeve 1000+ cards over time just to have to replace them with opaque down the road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you plan to play in tournaments, opaque.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost always use the FFG clear sleeves. The only time i don't is when we play in a store tourney and i'm using alt-art cards. Actual tournament rules say you're supposed to use opaque, but our group isn't really sticklers about that and if you're not planning on playing in tournaments, it's a moot point anyway.

Unless FFG does more of the in-house printing (which they haven't yet, but who knows), you should be fine. Go with what you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The winner of the last 2 (3?) world tournaments does not sleeve his cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias König
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
The winner of the last 2 (3?) world tournaments does not sleeve his cards.

That's just plain wrong

Regarding the initial question: Go ahead with clear sleeves. The backs of the cards are all the same if you dont use AA-cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
The winner of the last 2 (3?) world tournaments does not sleeve his cards.arms

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm missing something... why would it matter whether you use clear or opaque?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something... why would it matter whether you use clear or opaque?

If FFG decided to start printing Data Packs in Minneapolis, they'd have a different back color like the the alternate art cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared M
msg tools
mbmbmb
For what it's worth, I binder cards and then sleeve decks. Waaaay cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeb
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:

Cost. The clear premium cards are cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.