Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing a solo game and I ran across an interaction between the Argument/Agreement Event Card and the Misadventure / Swollen Ankle Adventure card.

In order to resolve the Agreement threat, I need 2 action pawns from different players. Since this is a solo game, I have my character and Friday. But, the first card I drew during the Event phase was the Misadventure card from the grey Adventure deck... with the Swollen Ankle event. Swollen Ankle says the character with the swollen ankle (my character) can only rest, settle camp or build this turn.

So can I use my character to resolve the threat action? Thematically, I don't see how resolving an argument from a previous round would require too much from my hurting ankle. Also, it refers to the actions I can take with icons... but Threat does not have an icon, so I wonder if a character can always perform a threat action.

I'm going to play it thematically and assume I can resolve the argument... but I could certainly see a counter argument that something like Irrigation or Prepare for Rain might require something from your ankle.

A search on Google and BGG has netted nothing, so I'm looking for your thoughts on whether I played this correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are out of luck. The ancle card seems to specifically allow certain actions. Everything else is forbidden. Just because something makes thematic sense does not make it automatically correct. even in such a thematic game like RC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmbmb
If the Agreement one is that one I think you're talking about (The two of you get into a fight and need to come to some "agreement") I would say thematically, yes.

But as this is RC and you can't do anything that would actually HELP you, the answers probably know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to follow rules it's clear you can't do this. Swollen Ankle card specifically states what kind of actions can be performed.
Thematically I would allow such action, but it's board game not role playing game so it needs more strict rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelius Coomans
msg tools
I don't think you can do this. Thematically you can imagine being uncooperative due to your swollen ankle???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses and I can't really argue that you're wrong... I think what made me think twice was the fact that "Threat" does not have an icon and I don't recall seeing it referred to anywhere along with the other action icons. It made me think Threat actions might be an exception and that you can always perform them.

Not sure it would have derailed my game, but with my cheat I ended up winning scenario 3 with 30 points... for what it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.