Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer K
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use code 9DAWJ1Z88Z134 at checkout to get 15% off any one item in your cart meeple

Dead of Winter: The Long Night ($59.95--->$50.96)

Enjoy laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wallace
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you kindly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Am I missing something? Miniature Market has Dead of Winter: The Long Night for $38.99 plus $5.99 SmartPost shipping. CSI has it for $30.39. Even with shipping it's cheaper for me. And of course Amazon has it for $47.95 Prime (Or $48.98 from another seller if Amazon collects tax from you).

I don't mean to crap on the deal, if you can find something at B&N cheaper with 15% off then great. I just don't think the Long Nigh expansion is that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer K
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I just want to share the code and say that it's also applicable to board games. Plus B&N offers free shipping for orders over $25, so maybe someone who wants to shop from B&N will find it useful whistle

damiangerous wrote:
Am I missing something? Miniature Market has Dead of Winter: The Long Night for $38.99 plus $5.99 SmartPost shipping. CSI has it for $30.39. Even with shipping it's cheaper for me. And of course Amazon has it for $47.95 Prime (Or $48.98 from another seller if Amazon collects tax from you).

I don't mean to crap on the deal, if you can find something at B&N cheaper with 15% off then great. I just don't think the Long Nigh expansion is that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing the coupon code. Disregard the detractors. They pop up now and then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Poole @BoardGamePictures
United States
McDonald
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
@BoardGamePictures
badge
@BoardGamePictures
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this an online only code, or can it be used in store as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I got a slip in my $24 Above and Below package with a $10 off $100 code. Only 10% off but could be used for a cart with multiple items so I figured I'd share it here.

Save $10 on your order of $100 or more. Online only. Use code BNSCHOLAR1. Offer ends September 15th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might help if people have left over gift cards from the previous deal ... not for me, but if you are shopping there, savings are savings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
esok wrote:
Thanks for sharing the coupon code. Disregard the detractors. They pop up now and then.

How is damiangerous a "detractor"?

He asked if he was missing something because the "Hot Deal" didn't seem to add up.

He even went out of his way to say that he didn't intend to "crap on the deal" if the coupon was useful for others.

I'm not sure why so many people on this forum are so ready to be angry and point fingers. The anti-police police on this forum are far more aggressive and spammy than the people they love to complain about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
Damiangerous wasn't being rude, he was just specifically asking on why you would purchase Dead of Winter: The Long Knight for $50.96 when you could get it from Miniature Market for $45 shipped.

Basically OP gave an example that it would work for board games, but it was a bad example since that specific board game could have been purchased cheaper elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Save $10 on your order of $100 or more. Online only. Use code BNSCHOLAR1. Offer ends September 15th.

I got that in an email that implied it was for textbooks, but I didn't look close enough to verify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:

I got that in an email that implied it was for textbooks, but I didn't look close enough to verify.

It implied it, but the terms on the physical insert were the standard "not valid on Lego, third party, blah blah" and it said "also works on textbooks!". My best guess is that coupons don't usually work on textbooks and this one does, but I'm the wrong person to ask. Even when I was supposed to be buying textbooks I was busy doing something other than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofumaru wrote:
Wow, I just want to share the code and say that it's also applicable to board games. Plus B&N offers free shipping for orders over $25, so maybe someone who wants to shop from B&N will find it useful whistle

damiangerous wrote:

Almost every time a deal is posted someone posts something like, "it can be found cheaper here", "that game isn't any good" or "you aren't following the hot deals rules".

I for one appreciate seeing people post deals. Thank you.

Santicity wrote:
Damiangerous wasn't being rude, he was just specifically asking on why you would purchase Dead of Winter: The Long Knight for $50.96 when you could get it from Miniature Market for $45 shipped.

Basically OP gave an example that it would work for board games, but it was a bad example since that specific board game could have been purchased cheaper elsewhere.

I can see where it's frustrating for people who post deals. Are people supposed to search all online game retailers and compare prices before posting a deal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Almost every time a deal is posted someone posts something like, "it can be found cheaper here", "that game isn't any good" or "you aren't following the hot deals rules".
I tend to view these comments as contributions, not criticisms. In most cases they build on the value of the original post, or seek to improve future posts. What doesn't kill a deal makes it stronger.

pekin2121 wrote:
I can see where it's frustrating for people who post deals. Are people supposed to search all online game retailers and compare prices before posting a deal?
Not all retailers, but it is helpful to include comparisons from Amazon, Miniature Market, and Cardhaus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Not all retailers, but it is helpful to include comparisons from Amazon, Miniature Market, and Cardhaus.

Boardgameprices.com gives a quick and dirty rundown of all the major players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
I tend to view these comments as contributions, not criticisms. In most cases they build on the value of the original post, or seek to improve future posts. What doesn't kill a deal makes it stronger.

pekin2121 wrote:

But where do the comparisons end? Someone may find a better deal on CoolStuffInc as well.

I agree not all responses to a hot deal are criticisms, but I have seen plenty that are. It just gets old see so much negativity in some threads here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:

pekin2121 wrote:

But where do the comparisons end? Someone may find a better deal on CoolStuffInc as well.

I agree not all responses to a hot deal are criticisms, but I have seen plenty that are. It just gets old see so much negativity in some threads here on BGG.

In the pinned "What is a hot deal" post it says:

"For the good of the community, please do a cursory bit of research" - and then it gives a list of resources.

Not unreasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:

This.

damiangerous improved this thread with his post. And yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:

Almost every time a deal is posted someone posts something like, "it can be found cheaper here",...

I think its actually on the rare side for someone to post a better active deal, but if they do that is obviously helpful and valuable. Saving money is the point of this forum, no?

pekin2121 wrote:

.."that game isn't any good" or "you aren't following the hot deals rules".

Conversely, these replies are not particularly helpful. Although I'm not against pointing a new contributor to the forum sticky if they've neglected to include basic info in the thread title/contents. A little organization on the wild and woolly internet is not a bad thing. All complaints about "forum police" in Hot Deals vastly outnumber the actual "police" posts they claim to be railing against. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.