Hide
9 Posts

Star Wars: Armada» Forums » Strategy

Subject: My first attempt at lists help please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M V
msg tools
So i am trying to write a list to play with friends.
Its my first list so will be painfully wrong but if you can tell me what its wrong i can get better.

I have some limitations:

-i need it to be balanced and possibly fun (not OP) between the 2 teams
-i have just a core set, an imperial star destroyer, a gladiator, a MC80 homeone, a MKII frigate, 1 of rebels+empires+Rogues&villains squadrons
-i want if possible to use most of the Movie stuff

here are the lists:

------------------------------------
[ REBEL FLEET (400 points)
1 • MC80 Assault Cruiser - Admiral Ackbar - Leia Organa - Engine Techs (163)
2 • Assault Frigate Mark II A - Weapons Liaison - Point-Defense Reroute - Electronic Countermeasures - Enhanced Armament (106)
3 • Nebulon-B Support Refit (51)
4 • Luke Skywalker X-wing Squadron (20)
5 • Han Solo Millennium Falcon (26)
6 • X-wing Squadron (13)
7 • A-wing Squadron (11)
8 • Y-wing Squadron (10)
http://armada.fabpsb.net/permalink.php?sq=r18c9o3s3r7o4g2d1t... ]
r18c9o3s3r7o4g2d1t1r4r5r20r6r13r9

-------------------------------------

[ EMPIRE FLEET (400 points)
1 • Imperial II-class Star Destroyer - Grand Moff Tarkin - Defense Liaison - Ruthless Strategists - Boosted Comms - Redundant Shields - SW-7 Ion Batteries (182)
2 • Victory II-class Star Destroyer (85)
3 • Gladiator I-class Star Destroyer - Captain Needa - Nav Team (62)
4 • Darth Vader TIE Advanced Squadron (21)
5 • Boba Fett Slave 1 (26)
6 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
7 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
8 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
http://armada.fabpsb.net/permalink.php?sq=e14c1o2w4g3d3i5e2e... ]
e14c1o2w4g3d3i5e2e5o15s2e11e16e4e4e4

Tell me what to change or if i have to rebuild from scractch what should i do.

Thank you a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Replace the Nebulon with a Corvette, and put Leia on that instead. I'd take a second Y instead of the A, and probably cut the Point Defense from the AF.

I'd swap Boosted Comms and Ruthless Strat onto the Victory instead of the Imperial. Gunnery Teams on both Star Destroyers are ideal.

Ideally, you want the whole list to operate on a single theme, and to limit your weaknesses. Ackbar and Nebulons don't work- you want to keep everyone away from your side arcs at all costs. You want your Imperial to hit, and hit hard, from the front, and perhaps let your Victory take over the squadrons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
thank you fixed according to your suggestions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Durand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would replace the redundant shield on your ISD II by Electronic Countermeasures. More efficient.
Your GSD : you should delete Needa, useless for this ship. Because Needa gives you an evasion token, instead of another one. However, the GSD is a short range ship, it will always run to its target, suicide style, black dice storm!!
So the brace and redirection tokens are essential, both ISD and GSD.

Concerning the CR90, Alen is totally right.
Take the CR90A, with red dice. Add to it the TRC card (reroute circuit : you can get for free a double hit at each attack) Ackbar with it, fucking nightmare!! Of course, keep it far from the ennemy, its maneuverability is quite good to fly around heavy ships.

I just think that you may not have the TRC card... I don't remember which expansion contains it...

I won't suggest anything else, because you have to test the ships and cards yourself. You will quickly understand the strengths and weaknesses of each unit, and the cards efficiency.

Play for fun first, then you ll be able to decide which kind of games you want to play.

(sorry for my english...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
changed to this:

[ REBEL FLEET (399 points)
1 • MC80 Assault Cruiser - Admiral Ackbar - Engine Techs - Advanced Projectors (166)
2 • Assault Frigate Mark II A - Weapons Liaison - Point-Defense Reroute - Electronic Countermeasures - Enhanced Armament (106)
3 • Luke Skywalker X-wing Squadron (20)
4 • Han Solo Millennium Falcon (26)
5 • X-wing Squadron (13)
6 • A-wing Squadron (11)
7 • Y-wing Squadron (10)
8 • CR90 Corellian Corvette A - Leia Organa (47)
http://armada.fabpsb...5r20r6r13r9r1o3 ]
r18c9s3d2r7o4g2d1t1r5r20r6r13r9r1o3

-----------------------------------

[ EMPIRE FLEET (399 points)
1 • Imperial II-class Star Destroyer - Grand Moff Tarkin - Engineering Captain - Electronic Countermeasures - SW-7 Ion Batteries (176)
2 • Victory I-class Star Destroyer - Support Officer - Ruthless Strategists - Boosted Comms (85)
3 • Gladiator I-class Star Destroyer - Insidious (59)
4 • Darth Vader TIE Advanced Squadron (21)
5 • Boba Fett Slave 1 (26)
6 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
7 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
8 • Aggressor Assault Fighter (16)
http://armada.fabpsb...13e11e16e4e4e21 ]
e14c1o11d1i5e1o14w4g3e5f13e11e16e4e4e21

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, for a first list to play with friends, I would suggest just using the core set and learn to play setup. Then just the core set, but add in some upgrade cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, one nice thing about Armada (if you choose) is that it's very easy to incrementally up complexity. So play your first game at 300 points with no upgrade cards, objectives, or titled fighters, just ships and regular fighters. Then start adding those in for future games one by one and move up to 400 point you're playing the full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
So we tried our first game....

The home one is... a beast
it throws a bucket of dices without much effort and can whitstand the direct frontal firepower of the imperial star destroyer limiting manouvers due to the wide side line of sight.

We managed to keep up since the deploy was better for imperials with Darth Vader, boba fett, an ISD, and a victory one on the left with the home one, while on the other side a gladiator, and 3 squadrons sacrificed to keep busy the MKII, han solo, Luke and X wings.

In the end imperial won by sending the victory class to collide on the front of the home one while the imperial SD shoot like crazy and bobba fet helped while Vader cleared up other squadrons.

But i guess the home one with ackbar is a little too strong to be able to brainlessly keep up with double its point....

It was not unbeatable but for sure was not "fun"...

And rebels lost mostly because the Home one was so easy to use that the player did lot of mistakes because for sure that ship doesn t promote an active play.

Or more probably we did something wrong... yet its huge arc of fire on the sides is really a problem paired with ackbar.
Didn t take any effort to use all dices..

Any idea on how to balance the builds for a more fun match (ackbar was my fave movie character but i think i'll remove it ) And i should add something to be sure that the empire doesn t get so stronger to get another game like the last one.

Thinking to change to something like this dunno if its balanced:
(avoiding both ackbar and reihimer that looks like too strong)

[ REBEL FLEET (400 points)
1 • MC80 Assault Cruiser - Garm Bel Iblis - Advanced Projectors - SW-7 Ion Batteries (150)
2 • Assault Frigate Mark II B - Wing Commander - Gunnery Team - Redundant Shields (93)
3 • CR90 Corellian Corvette A - Leia Organa - Cluster Bombs - Enhanced Armament - Dodonna's Pride (68)
4 • Luke Skywalker X-wing Squadron (20)
5 • Han Solo Millennium Falcon (26)
6 • X-wing Squadron (13)
7 • Jan Ors Moldy Crow (19)
8 • A-wing Squadron (11)
http://armada.fabpsb.net/permalink.php?sq=r18c5d2i5r8o13w1d3... ]
r18c5d2i5r8o13w1d3r1o3d4t1f1r5r20r6r24r13

-----------------------

[ EMPIRE FLEET (400 points)
1 • Imperial II-class Star Destroyer - Grand Moff Tarkin - Defense Liaison - Electronic Countermeasures (168)
2 • Victory I-class Star Destroyer - Support Officer - Ruthless Strategists - Boosted Comms (85)
3 • Gladiator II-class Star Destroyer - Engine Techs - Insidious (73)
4 • Boba Fett Slave 1 (26)
5 • Darth Vader TIE Advanced Squadron (21)
6 • YV-666 (15)
7 • TIE Advanced Squadron (12)
http://armada.fabpsb.net/permalink.php?sq=e14c1o2d1e1o14w4g3... ]
e14c1o2d1e1o14w4g3e6s3f13e16e11e19e12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Home One and Ackbar is a great, easy to identify combo, true. Try XI7 turbolasers on the Star Destroyers to really hurt the shield-heavy nature of the Mon Calamari. Or, really, any of the Missile upgrades on your Gladiator.
Engine Techs on the Insidious with Expanded Launchers, then plotting Navigate commands all game can make for a very dangerous flanker against the very slow, cumbersome MC80.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.